can't get past blue screen

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by foezz, Oct 11, 2009.

1. foezz

foezz Member

A few minutes ago i installed a certain application (i think its menufela or something). I restarted my macbook, and now it wont get past the blue screen (after the apple logo and the small circle). Btw i can still move the pointer but i cant see the log in window or anything else.
    Restarted a few times na rin.

Ps, i dont make back ups, so now its much worse.

Repairing permissions (my first time), and checking if something would work.. Please help me

2. Bem

Bem Member

Hmm I think that's what happened to me before... I made a thread here too, but that was long ago so I'm not sure if I can find it for you. Anyway, try this:

hold down the apple button/thing that looks like a number sign with curled ends (beside spacebar) + S during start up

then stuff will appear... wait til you can type

type:
    /sbin/fsck -fy
    /sbin/mount -uw/
    rm -rf /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/ApplicationEnhancer.bundle
    reboot

Worked for me, hope it works for you too. :)

3. foezz

foezz Member

done it na pero nothing happened. gonna do it again hehe.

4. foezz

foezz Member

haha okay na siya. pero baka bumalik. i deleted menufela na just in case hehe.

5. mystavros

mystavros Member

Good to hear that, thanks also to Bem for sharing this. Just a quick question, what was your OS version? there's a warning in the macupdate download page that it is not compatible with Leopard, probably with SL also. that should be the reason why it misbehaved if your using 10.5 or higher OS.

6. foezz

foezz Member

oh i didn't see that haha. 10.5.8, and i also forgot to mention that. anyway thanks ulit sir Bem!

7. tdsingson

tdsingson Guest

@mystavros: are you saying that the commands posted by Sir Bem do not work for OS higher than 10.5? or its the menufela application you are referring to?

I am having this exact problem. i tried the commands posted by Sir Bem twice but its not working.

Can anyone enlighten me please? im a new macbook user and im still learning everything.

thanks guys!

8. notjon@yahoo.com

[email protected] New Member

ok so here are the details. I have an ibook G4 12", last os i had on it was 10.4.11 but then a few months ago i experienced the blue screen of death. I have reformatted the HD erased everything and now ever ytime I try to install any OS past 10.4 I get the blue screen again, by the way , it will load past the blue screen when I am in safe mode which tells me there is something non essential in there that is causing the problem. Any ideas guys? I tried holding down apple+s and it just started in safe mode...is that what was suppose to happen Bem?

9. mtl_ph

mtl_ph Member

What's your machine's configuration (RAM/HDD/CPU version)? Is your problem as described here:
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2671728&tstart=0

Or did you install any other software after the fresh install? If it's the former, then follow the suggestion posted - check the SMART status of your hard drive.

Also try waiting for 5-10 minutes if the blue screen resolves itself - this thread might be more relevant in your case.
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=11541922