Can't Get Into GMail/Google Account on iOS/iPadOS

Discussion in 'General iOS' started by makinao, Sep 27, 2020.

1. makinao

makinao Active Member

Hi. iPadOS 14.0.1 on my iPad 5th gen, and iOS 14.0.1 on my iPhone SE2020.

I've been trying to add a new gmail address to my gmail app for the past few days. I can get in with Safari on my Mac simultaneously with other gmail accounts. I did this before on earlier devices, and thought this would be easy. But I can't get in. This is what I've been doing step by step.

In GMail app
    1. clicked on existing account icon. This opens a popup menu
    2. clicked on “add another account”. This opens “Add account” page
    3. in “Add account” page, under “set up email” - I click on “Google”
    4. popup says ““Gmail” wants to use google.com to Sign in - This allows the app and website to share information about you” - i click on “continue”
    5. popup “accounts.google.com” says “sign in - Use your google account. you’ll also sign in to Google Services in your apps and Safari.”
    6. in “Email or Phone” window, I enter email of account I want to add, then press “next”
    7. progress bar runs on and on but does not stop.

I also tried to add an account in iOS Settings-Mail-Accounts, the Google App, and in Safari. They all end up in step 4. Any ideas how I can get through?

UPDATE: now I can't even sign in on Safari. Grrrrrr.

#1 makinao, Sep 27, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  2. makinao

makinao Active Member

Anybody?

Update: I still can't sign in to sites using my google account. It always stalls on this screen.

[​IMG]

Help PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE.

3. Nisroc88

Nisroc88 Active Member

What’s that “qceservicestest” ?

can you connect via LTE or another network to reach the internet?

4. Silentwill

Silentwill Active Member

I jist tried adding one of my Gmail accounts on the native iOS mail app. No issues. Also using iPhone SE 2020, but currently on beta iOS 14.5. Maybe an update to 14.4 will help?

5. makinao

makinao Active Member

Nisroc88: Yes it's QC Services. It happens on all networks.

Silentwill: I"m in 14.4. It's been the same since I bought the phone with 14.0