Can you suggest a good HD camcorder

Discussion in 'Videographers' started by kryz2per, Aug 11, 2009.

1. dep28

dep28 Active Member

are there all-weather HD cams already available? what would you recommend that't available locally? if not HD, even standard def as long as its all weather.

i'm a bit paranoid about equipment hence my preference for all weather gear for peace of mind :)

2. nwinter

nwinter Active Member

Can anyone confirm if any of the Sony HD camcorders can be imported directly through FCE or FCP? i.e. without having to go through a third party s/w to do the conversion.

3. I got a Zi8 last november & i am a believer. It's very portable & can shhot 1080 HD video as well as 720 x 60fps. That will stop anything. Pretty cheap too. Bought it in the states for $180. I think the price went up to $220 this month.

4. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Can someone suggest an HD camcorder that still uses MiniDV tapes? Is that still available here in the Philippines?

5. duke

duke Member

@Juice
    Try the Canon HV40. It's available at all Canon stores... and Canon's format is compatible with iMovie and FCP,

6. flying.wakeke

flying.wakeke Member

7. ditoy_eagle

ditoy_eagle Well-Known Member

The micro four-thirds cams now can record 720p HD: Olympus EP1/2, EPL1 and the Panasonic GF1. Sulit na yan if you also love photography. The Kodak Zi8 is also good which my step-son uses. My wife got it from the US $170 only. But it has a limited zoom range.

8. pilgrim28

pilgrim28 Active Member

Hi, can you do a mini review please... the price is affordable but would like to know what you think. If you have sample videos that you can share, would appreciate it.

9. mac_boi

mac_boi Member

Get a Canon 550d or 7D.

Really great footage from those dslrs, They even use these babies for tv commercials/Music videos.

plus the 550ds really affordable.

IMHO:D

10. vector265

vector265 Member

Thumbs up on this suggestion. Traditional camcorders, I would definitely recommend Canon HV40/30/20. I still have the HV20 and am still blown away by it's video quality in (good lighting, low light not so much)

But if DSLR is an option, I would recommend the Canon 550/T2i.

11. vector265

vector265 Member

Apple works closely with Sony so I would almost guarantee that all Sony HD camcorders would import seamlessly to at least FCP.

12. duke

duke Member

Apple also works closely with Panasonic. Would you consider the Panasonic Ag-hmc40 or 45? AVCHD is working fluidly with FCP.

13. g5i

g5i Member

Im in the market for an hd video camera. Id be using it for taking kid videos and for vacations.
    I prefer it to have flash storage. Any suggestions?

14. cabletekkie

cabletekkie Member

SANYO is having a sale fro their XACTI dual cams right now...its quite a price slash down! a bit older models though :slanted:

so far the numbers i saw: the full HD VPC-FH1 (which i'm personally interested in) went down from 49,995 to 13,440 and another model VPC-TH1(?) yata from 24,995 to 10,080...theres also this waterproof model WH1(?) from 34,995 to 11,200 not really sure of the model numbers as i browsed the stall very briefly

SANYO is at SolidHouse Bldg., 2285 Chino Roces Ave., Makati City

15. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

I'm a huge newbie when it comes to digital camcorders. I'm probably going to get a consumer level one for my travels - I wonder if the Panasonic HDC-HS60 (with the 120 HD) is a good choice? I'm planning to ask a relative to buy one in the states or maybe get one when I visit Hong Kong this summer. So far the Amazon.com reviews are pretty good, what do you guys think? :)

16. theybid

theybid Member

i'm also looking for a camcorder that has a memory card slot which i can upload to avid/fcp/premiere right away.. any suggestions?

17. Colossus1973

Colossus1973 Active Member

Westchester County, Salem Center, New York
    Check out the sony shop in Gateway mall. I think they have a video camera with flash storage.

18. Bluekaze

Bluekaze Member

guys whats the difference between the GE DV1 camcorder (which looks like a celphone) and the sony and panasonic ?

im also looking for a good video cam that is waterproof and can shoot good quality videos. im a newbie with video cams, any suggestions ? thank you very much in advance :)

19. Devilgodspeed

Devilgodspeed Member

when it comes to camcorder its SONY like no other.

20. morrissey_05

morrissey_05 Member

anyone using the agfophoto eclipse? comments? thanks guys.