can macs be carriers of malwares?

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by jebylicious, Sep 15, 2007.

1. jebylicious

jebylicious New Member

i think i got infected with a malware in my mac... can i remove it? if it not will i be a carrier?

2. maryannemoll

maryannemoll Guest

How did you know it's malware? Are you running Windows? Because if you're on OS X, there will never be any malware in your Mac.

Welcome to PhilMUG! :)

3. jebylicious

jebylicious New Member

anyway... im using my ipod as an external hard disk to save some of my files, then i saw the malware (imgkulot) in my ipod. so now knowing that it wont affect my mac, i gotta know if ive become a carrier of the malware so that i wont be the one spreading the malware. coz from what i heard macs dont get affected by viruses but they can be carriers. hahaha.... i hope my explanation is clear...:D

4. tdbur

tdbur Member

Pretty much as long as you either delete the file from your ipod or the best bet would be to reformat it and sync it, you shouldn't be spreading it to any windows users. Is your iPod formatted for Mac? (can only be read by macs) or for Windows? (can be read by both macs and Windows pcs)

5. jebylicious

jebylicious New Member

my ipods formatted for windows... :rolleyes: thanks for the help:cool:

6. dalton

dalton Member

Welcome to PHILMUG jebylicious!