Camera on iPhone 5S

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by genepomelo, Dec 23, 2014.

1. genepomelo

genepomelo New Member

Hi i just to ask if you experience the same thing that I experience. The mement I update my IOS 8.1.2 everything is okay until when I click my HOME button and open the camera then all of the sudden it turns BLACK two times I tried but still camera function is not working....on the 3rd time camera works...then after an hour when I open again the camera.....hayyy camera kinda hungs or color on my screen just plain beige....on the 3rd time again camera works....

What shall I do? Do I need to bring to globe? Hope to hear to all th gurus or any suggestion...

Ronald

2. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

@genepomelo back up first.

Try to restore iphone first if problem still persist drop by any authorized service center and explain the problem hopping the can see the problem. better if you can take a video incase.

3. genepomelo

genepomelo New Member

Hi yeah123 thanks for the reply but I do the upgrade on my phone. I don't know if I can restore it...sorry still newbie in apple. By the way my phone is iPhone 5S 16GB

4. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

@geno use itunes click restore. *Warning* itunes will download 1.73GB file which is a fresh copy of ios 8.1.2

Lets isolate software issue first. again Back up first using itunes then click restore.

Hopefully this will fix the problem saves you time

5. genepomelo

genepomelo New Member

Hi yeah,

Thanks for helping me, probable once I'm back in Manila I'll just go to Globe.

Another option I'll just go to the apple center.

Merry Christmas Yeah ;)

6. genepomelo

genepomelo New Member

Just to make an update even on my sister new iphone 6 plus (128mb) camera freeze all of sudden...i really dont know of this is normal or its only me who experience this kind of problem....since i'm in europe and weather is soooo cold???

[​IMG]

This screenshot taken from my iphone 5S....once i'm back to den haag I'll go to apple store....or last option once I'm in manila i'll go to globe

7. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

that's a common issue in all iphone models from iPhone 4. my sister's iP5c got that problem. that's a hardware problem and will not solve by reset and update. if under warranty, replacement. if not, nganga.

service centers here do not repair iP5s, replacement only. from SG.

Don't bring to globe, they cannot help you, they will just bring that to service center and wait forever for the status.

bring that in Apple Center in europe maybe they can replace that outright. Service centers here are ..............

and if your sis new iP6 is showing that problem, bring it to service center and have it replaced. since 128GB is scarce, goodluck how long she'll have to wait.

8. genepomelo

genepomelo New Member

Hi Magnus thanks for your help I'll update you once I'll go to the center of Den Haag, Netherlands

9. genepomelo

genepomelo New Member

Hi just to update My post one of my friend told me to delete some apps and photos coz the ios 8 take a lots of space on my 16Gb.....