Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by joemoso, Jul 14, 2009.

1. joemoso

joemoso Active Member

I just saw the trailer for COD: Modern Warfare 2 and it rocks!

Another thing would be the sales packages that they're coming out with. I especially want the Prestige Edition. IT comes with a fully working NVG. :| I WANT IT RIGHT NOW!! :((

2. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

I remember starting the first Modern Warfare on Veteran. Only game I've ever received full Xbox 360 gamer points (1000!).

The only game I've enjoyed playing at the hardest difficulty available. The action is just awesome!

3. rowinms

rowinms Member

hhmm... hoping to get a free shirt again like the Call of duty: world at war

4. anthony_acero

anthony_acero Member

i finished this game in hardened mode just 5-6 hrs. wow, awesome graphics and story!
    [​IMG]

5. edricdude

edricdude Active Member

will this be available on Mac?

6. kalirayacs

kalirayacs Active Member

wow lupit mo anthony :D

7. triballistic

triballistic Member

@anthony_acero

How did you get your copy?

8. Epzilog

Epzilog Member

yeah how did you get that? It was released today for Xbox users and people are lining up since yesterday around 6... when will the PS3 release ba?

9. booblanco

booblanco Active Member

how can a game you can finish the single player campaign in 4-5 hours rate a 9.5 at IGN?! i've played all the CoD games and i'm sure this title is very good, but a 9.5?! to me, IGN has totally lost its credibility and is merely pandering to the big publishers.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/104/1043366p1.html

oh really now..

#9 booblanco, Nov 11, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  10. chairman

chairman Moderator
    Staff Member

The campaign isn't really the strong suit or the selling point of modern warfare 1&2. It's the multi-player. Some people actually skip the campaign altogether. That's why it's gonna sell a lot. The fun of the multi-player games is so much better than the campaign because it allows you to compete with real people.

So, as much as the campaign is short and the 5-6 hours is really dependent on how skilled you are, it's really not the main selling point.

11. booblanco

booblanco Active Member

goes both ways there eh, dickoy? ;)

i'm sure that multiplayer will be transcendent, but that's still one half of a game and my point is that if you give a rating of 9.5 to any game, then it should cover all the bases. single player does matter because you throw in the production value of direction, voice acting, and story - all the elements of a classic when you enter 9.0 air.

the review reads too much like PR copy, sorry.

12. chairman

chairman Moderator
    Staff Member

Sure, I respect your point of view. I guess that some people will want the story aspect of it and some will like the multi-player part.

Same as Counterstrike. I'm not even sure there's a story there somewhere and yet it's quite popular.

The writer did say in his video review that if you're buying it for the campaign mode then it's gonna be short and might not meet expectations.

Don't be sorry if it sounds like PR copy to you, you're entitled to that opinion and it might really have come off that way.

As far as I'm concerned no matter what's being said, I can't wait to get my copy and let the fun begin.

13. doblezeta

doblezeta Well-Known Member

My brother has a modified Xbox360, if I buy an orig copy of this game, will I be able to play multiplayer online?

Listened to TWIT's episode this week and they say that COD:MW2 is expected to make $500M on its launch weekend, making it the biggest opening weekend in entertainment history. I wonder if that was just nonsense jabber from the TWIT cast or if there's any truth to that claim?

14. dep28

dep28 Active Member

PS3 copies have been available locally since last Friday :)

15. anthony_acero

anthony_acero Member

bought it in the game shop of course. ;)
    it is already available in some game shops here in macau/hongkong since nov. 8 for HK$469.

#15 anthony_acero, Nov 11, 2009
  16. anthony_acero

anthony_acero Member

@EPZILOG: here in macau, this game is already available since nov. 8 and bought my copy in the next day.:)

#16 anthony_acero, Nov 11, 2009
  17. anthony_acero

anthony_acero Member

because i've played it and finished it. :cool:

18. anthony_acero

anthony_acero Member

@BOOBLANCO: man, i've played it all too. :cool:

19. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

MW2 was made (unofficially) available here as early as Nov 6 ;) i just held off getting a copy, mahal pa kasi if you get before the official release date (which was nov 10). might get a copy from DB today (good price, but staff wasn't sure if R1 or R3).

iTech now sells R1 for 2690 from last week's 2990, so there, 300 off for those who waited :D

20. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

how's the spec ops? split-screen working ok? vertical ba split?

same here, i don't really put much bearing on write up's, if a game catches my fancy, i just get it. heck, i got nbalive10 even if majority i know went for 2k10 ;)