Buying an iPad (9th Gen) from non-authorized Apple resellers

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sultanofswing, Oct 27, 2021.

1. sultanofswing

sultanofswing New Member

I'm planning to buy an iPad (9th Gen) to help me in college since reading on laptop isn't that comfortable for me. I already placed an order on the online Apple Store on October 9, but it would take 4 to 5 weeks before it got shipped. That, coupled with the additional shipping time of 3 to 4 weeks, is a long wait, and I kind of need the device now. As of posting, the iPad that I ordered was still processing while the Apple Pencil is due to be delivered this week. I missed the chance of buying from authorized Apple resellers when stocks became available a few days ago. Now, everywhere I look, it's out of stock.

Anyway, other resellers, like those from Greenhills, offer the iPad at a small markup; more or less 1K. My only concern would be, despite iPads having international warranty, I'm afraid authorized Apple Service Centers here would not honor a warranty claim if the device was not bought from an authorized reseller. Also, no student discount if I buy from non-authorized resellers.

What do you guys think, should I wait for my original order/keep an eye on stocks from local authorized Apple resellers (I think it'll take months before they stock up again), or should I bite the bullet and buy from a reputable Greenhills reseller? If it's the latter, any recommendations from where to buy?

Thanks in advance!