Business Card Scanning Options

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by Tantantiniiin, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Tantantiniiin

Tantantiniiin Active Member

Guys, what would you suggest for this problem?

I've got tons of business cards and I want all of it to be digitized. Problem is, I cant find a retail store that sells a decent dedicated business card scanner.

Would you suggest any of these workarounds?

a. desktop scanner + OCR software (what particular software?)
    b. Casio Exilim (their business card function works damn good) + OCR Software

What OCR software are you using? It should be able to identify business card fields and move the right data to the right fields in entourage, or most address book applications.

Thanks

Tantin

2. elbertlo

elbertlo Member

Try EverNote
    http://www.evernote.com/

I hear that you can take pictures of your cards, upload it, and the site's software has OCR that converts it.

Best of all, it's compatible with almost all platforms including the iPhone.

P.S. I haven't tried it personally.

3. kili-kili power

i just saw the video of the evernote app used with the girring iclarifi...

i am so happy to realize that evernote has this function! i have had the app for awhile now and never really used it! this is amazing! i was hoping for something like this since i used the feature of bus card scanning in the P990i.

here's the link to the video of the demo