burning cd

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by jmamangun, Oct 4, 2005.

1. jmamangun

jmamangun Member

i need your help once again guys. how can i add data in a cd with contents? i know for sure that it is not "locked". it was also first formatted for a windows machine. all the contents are jpegs and i want to add jpegs as well. thanks!

2. nargalzius

nargalzius Member

You can still add sessions via Toast, but one major (stupid) flaw most popular Apple-based burning software have is that they write these sessions in such a way that the Macs read them as separate volumes (each session is mounted).

As a result, usually these "volumes" wont be readable in the windows machines - and if they are, usually only ONE of those sessions (perhaps the most recent one) will be seen.

The program that pops to mind, when you need for OSX to write multi-session disks like Windoze (and can be seen as one volume, across platforms) is NTI's DragonBurn - it's what I use, and have been using Toast less and less ever since.

I had a mini-review of it last April on my site and most of the concepts are still true even with the release of Toast 7. So check it out and see if it's the answer to your multi-session woes :)

[Edited on 10-4-2005 by nargalzius]

3. jmamangun

jmamangun Member

thanks a ton nargalzius! i will try this out.