Burgers 2016

Discussion in 'Food' started by docjbr, Feb 8, 2016.

1. ransom

ransom Well-Known Member

I take it you haven't tried Snack Shack beside Savemore on Anonas exension?

2. ignite

ignite Member

If you're in Jupiter, try Lazy Bastard. They serve good burgers and hotdogs. After eating you may decide to enter the large wooden door near the entrance to see the "hidden" lounge/bar called ABV.

3. ignite

ignite Member

Hopefully you like the Sultan Burgers.

4. Adel

Adel Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm not really big on fast-food joints, but I was damned hungry, and I came across a cheap but filling cheeseburger meal at S&R New York-Style Pizza in Puregold Cubao—for P130 only, you get a big whopping cheeseburger and drink. Add P50+ and you also get a generous serving of their fries. I was surprised at the size and weight of the burger. For the price, it's a great deal, although it's a bit on the bland side

[​IMG]

JohannChua and Sunil_K like this.
  5. Jsnc

Jsnc Active Member

I was also about to recommend Snack Shack. And they just recently reopened. Big B is also good, if you like bacon in your burger.

6. ransom

ransom Well-Known Member

Tried this combo too at UP Town Center as it seemed a great deal. Awfully filling but not very satisfying as the burger was pretty bland as you noted. Dinaan ko sa relish and catsup.

7. arkaell

arkaell Active Member

The S&R burger used to be really good though. Maybe it depends on what time you eat there?

I had a half pound cheeseburger from Snack Shack last night, and I really love how the burger kind of melts in your mouth.

8. warmgreentea

warmgreentea Well-Known Member

S&R's burger is actually really filling, but it has that kind of taste that you know it went through a factory then reheated using a mircowave, which is typical for packed american meals. :p

9. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...a man’s burger.....Jamie’s Italian by Jamie Oliver:

7142BA19-FA27-4FD1-841B-E1E49A03091B.jpeg

JohannChua, ronjet and Sunil_K like this.
  10. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

Shake Shack in Yurakucho in Tokyo, a good burger meal in a wonderful part of town

[​IMG]

11. 4p0se

4p0se Well-Known Member

Anyone tried Pound burger?

12. yehey9

yehey9 Active Member

Remember this guy???
    [​IMG]

I'm really digging their "new" resto at BGC. It's not the same Scott that was sikat in the 90's. I think this Pedro 'n Coi company bought the rights or the name Scott. Really different burger. Brioche bun, wagyu patty though a bit small and thin so you should always go double patty. Don't buy the Good Morning burger, I was expecting a sunny side up egg but got a burger with boiled-egg-and-mayo spread instead.

13. yehey9

yehey9 Active Member

Tried it before. I liked my first experience with them at BGC. Ordered a burger and an Onion Cube and it was really nice.
    Recommended it to friends and had lunch at the SM Megamall branch. I did not like it this time. No onion cubes on the menu, just Onion Bloom. Tried to order the Onion Cube and they said they can make it. It was not as good as my first one, it was super greasy. Burger was meh at first bite.

Haven't tried the BGC branch again. I want to try the Foei Gras burger next.

14. 4p0se

4p0se Well-Known Member

Will try that Vertis North.

15. neilrg

neilrg Active Member

There's an In-N-Out clone from Army Navy. Anyone tried it? Haven't tried the former but I'd like to know how both compare (they have a single patty for P250)

36421867_1726000657484368_1397622047911182336_o.jpg

16. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

I just moved my office at Valero Plaza. Sultan Mediterranean Grill is just on the ground floor of the building. I’ll try that burger.

17. ignite

ignite Member

Let me know if you like it! Haven't been able to go back to that resto since I transferred to the other side of Makati!

18. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

I liked it. But, I ate it in my office. Maybe it's better if I ate it there hahhaa. It did fall apart whileI was eating it. Other than that, I liked it.

ignite likes this.
  19. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Had this awesome burger from a food truck here a few months ago.

It's a Pinoy-Aussie fusion food truck called Mate Burger.

They have Sisig Fries, Adobo Fries, Longanisa Burger, Lechon Fries, etc.

Below is my favorite Ensaymada Burger - juicy beef patty with smoked sriracha maple bacon, rocket & melted kraft cheese with a drizzle of Mate burger special sauce in an ensaymada bun (Filipino sweet bread that's light & sprinkled with sugar & cheese).

[​IMG]

What an awesome combo!

Sunil_K, sabsar and raypin like this.
  20. extremeshot

extremeshot PhilMUG Addict Member

Hmmnnn..., looks like they nailed the order of bun -> cheese -> patty -> onion -> cheese -> patty -> lettuce -> tomato -> sauce -> bun perfectly ☺️. What I liked the most about the original is the sort of chewy bun. I gotta try this Army Navy knockoff.

Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 6.26.14 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 6.26.29 PM.png