Burger Talk

Discussion in 'Food' started by docjbr, Feb 8, 2016.

1. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

This is OT for this thread, but on-topic for the last 2 posts. I've been craving for super spicy chicken wings, and I've been terribly disappointed. with the hot versions of most restos (BWNT, Frankie's, Wingman, Wonder Wings). Today, I ordered the hot and crispy of KFC, and made my own buffalo sauce (Franks' hot sauce, butter ,some vinegar, garlic powder, 2 tspns of Sriracha, and 2 tbsps of the hot sauce for the shawarma at Persia Girl. It didn't even make me sweat, LOL.

Now gotta try me some of that Reaper Burger then! But I don't like the spiciness of Reaper, I had those peanuts, and man that was crazy! :ROFLMAO: I think I'm just looking for something a bit less than Reaper level.

Sunil_K and raypin like this.
  2. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mmm…..Mcdo’s K Burger is a disaster. There was nothing remotely Korean about it in taste. Korean-style burger done right? 2017 Singapore McDo Seoul burger (limited run). Did Mcdo Ph test it?

#82 raypin, Apr 30, 2021
    Last edited: May 1, 2021
  3. shifty_md

shifty_md Well-Known Member

Sorry for the off-topic reply, but Sweet Ecstasy's Nashville Hot wings are bastos. You might like them. The only time my wife and I ordered half a dozen, she did not finish her only piece of wing and made me eat the five pieces. I barely finished them.

docjbr likes this.
  4. Silentwill

Silentwill Active Member

I was going to try this but was double thinking then after checking again on Grabfood, it became unavailable. A friend also noted the same thing that it's just like regular burger, so I guess it's a pass for me now.

raypin likes this.
  5. jlconferido

jlconferido Active Member

For McDo burgers, nothing can go wrong with double quaterpounder.

6. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

"And you know what they call a... a... a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?"

From one of the greatest movies ;)

Mykolant, eag, motoflux and 2 others like this.
  7. Silentwill

Silentwill Active Member

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, anyways, when I was still going to this bakal gym in Sta. Mesa a couple of years ago with my mates, we'd sometimes go to this small but relatively popular burger joint right across PUP, called, uhm, G-Spot. They have black-bunned burgers similar to Mcdo's Korean-style among other colors, and they name their burgers and menu something like Maria Ozawa, Spamela Anderson, 3some, etc. The naming theme is not consistent all throughout, and these are the ones most amusing I believe. I did enjoy my first "encounter" with Maria.
    [​IMG]

#87 Silentwill, May 1, 2021
    Last edited: May 1, 2021
    Sunil_K and raypin like this.
  8. motoflux

motoflux Lemon Pepper Fan

Since I find the magic taste of Smashed burgers over the internet very amusing, I just make my own burgers at home.

Got a skillet CI, get a 70/30 ground beef (local or imported), processed cheese, and thats it. Cheaper if I buy in bulk.

For drive thru burgers, I always insist a Double Whopper even though I have to get to through Southwoods Exit and go back to Susana Heights on my way home.

raypin and Silentwill like this.
  9. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

Ohhhh Campfire is just in our neighborhood! Will check it out!

10. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

Haha don't expect Sweet Ecstacy levels or Shake Shack quality though! Big plus to them is that they're priced really well and you know that the ingredients are fresh, unlike those dog food they sell in McDonald's. (y)

bugs likes this.