broken lcd

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by raisai, Mar 18, 2009.

1. raisai

raisai Guest

Hi, i need help.
    I accidentally broke the screen of my macbook. i fell asleep on top of it...
    and when i woke up, there's already this black thing on the screen and some cracks at the middle of the screen.

do you guys know where i can have it fixed in manila?
    and how much would it cost me to have it fixed?

thanks!

2. MacBert

MacBert Member

State the model of your macbook first - white, black or unibody?

For unibody its still hard to find a shop that can do it cheaply. But for white and black there are loads of places you can go to for service.

3. raisai

raisai Guest

its white.

4. edricdude

edricdude Active Member

you can get an LCD at HotToyz

5. pokerface

pokerface New Member

i can install that lcd for you at a cheaper fee ;-) , first off we need to find the correct lcd for that, may i know the model of your macbook?

6. raisai

raisai Guest

@edricdude - where is hot toyz? and how much is it?

@pokerface - really? hmmm..how would it cost then if you install it?
    errrrr...i dont really know the model...its macbook. mac os x 10.4.9

7. pokerface

pokerface New Member

i think hot toyz is somewhere in makati?? whatever their price is , i'll beat it heheh. we can use the serial# to look up the model.

8. mark_17

mark_17 Active Member

hottoyz have branches in st francis square in ortigas and their main branch at quezon ave.. digitalaxis (st francis square) charges P9500 for the lcd replacement and hokage (taft cor buendia) also charges P9500 the the lcd replacement. i sold one a month ago for P7k with installation but i have no stocks available.

9. ransom

ransom PhilMUG Addict Member

Hottoyz is on Quezon Avenue in QC, near the old Delta theater. Here's their no.: 4114727

10. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

does hot toyz only repair mac laptop screens?

11. djwoblely

djwoblely Member

find the lcd here in the marketplace. Some users have broken macbooks and sell parts. You should be able to get the lcd put in for under 2k if u supply it yourself. I went to a place in park square one. I forgot what its called but i think they charged around 1.5 It wasnt a mac tho. But the pricing should be around the same. I think places are doing it for 10-13k including the lcd if i remember. I think thats around what hot toys will charge

12. antski

antski Well-Known Member

ahem... macbook pro

13. duhmask

duhmask Member

since this thread is discussing replacing a macbook's lcd, has anyone ever tried transplanting a WXGA+ screen from, say a Thinkpad X300/X301 to the macbook?

just curios since i find the macbook's resolution a bit big, and a 15" MBP is out of the question..

14. foezz

foezz Member

Does the LCD crack when you put things on it when the lid is closed?

15. kalye1

kalye1 New Member

try pinoylaptops.com. They usually charge 9.5k for bnew macbook lcd screen but sometimes they sell it as low as 7.9k