Bringing new phone to the US

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by jas0n, Oct 27, 2018.

1. jas0n

jas0n New Member

Hi, new member here. And as stated sa title, I am moving to the US soon and am seriously thinking of upgrading to an Iphone XR/XS (still can't decide which to get), buying it here before I move. The reason I wanna buy before I leave is because I can get the phone via CC installment, while if I get the phone in the US via a carrier, I know mahal ang deposit ko. Probably half the price of the phone because of no credit history.

So, my question is, how different (GSM,LTE bands) is our Iphone here compared to the US Iphone. And will I be able to add Applecare+ to my phone when I get there and not have trouble about making claims?

Thanks.

2. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

^You can get your iPhone XS/XS Max on an unlocked/open sim line in the US thru the Apple Store on credit card installment, if you wish to do so...it would be easier for you that way

raypin likes this.
  3. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

As long as you purchase a factory unlocked unit here in the PH, you shouldn't have any problems using it there... more so for warranty claims since you'd be dealing directly with Apple