Brand new iPhone 5's in the market in 2015?

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by VanPersie, Jan 21, 2015.

1. VanPersie

VanPersie Member

Out of curiosity, and I've did a search but couldn't find the correct thread, looking to buy an iPhone 5 (possibly 5S) brand new as a gift. I see there are a few people selling units on OLX and they all have no Apple warranty - I'm aware that these are grey units but why don't they have Apple warranty?

Are there any reputable stores which sell these brand new?

Thanks

2. karlopb

karlopb Member

You can check our Apple Authorized Resellers (Beyond The Box, Power Mac etc.) for this matter. But I doubt, if there is still available stocks/units of the iPhone 5S since iPhone 6/6+ is now the latest smartphone from Apple. Might as well check from them to be sure.

For the units sold online, I believe they come with 1 year Apple Warranty, make sure that it is sealed and it will be the first time it gets activated once you purchase. Take note, Apple Warranty can be claimed from where the unit originated. Let's say you purchased a US iPhone, you can only claim your warranty in the US.

Lastly, you can try our Local Telcos (Globe/Smart) to see if they are still selling the previous iPhone units. There might be a bigger chance if they still have them from their inventories/warehouse.

3. jerrychu

jerrychu Member

4. Nicky

Nicky Member

^ What he said. Or a 5C from the Apple Store, which has the guts of the iPhone 5 in the colored case.

5. miggyhipolito

miggyhipolito Active Member

Kimstore still sells the 5s :)

6. ianroy

ianroy Member

Looking for one as well. However, the price of a brand new 5s is too close to that of a 6. A new one from legitimate stores cost around 30k for 16gb and 33k for 32gb.

7. den_lim

den_lim Active Member

I've seen some (5s) at digital walker.