Books Inventory software

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by queersilver, Jan 3, 2008.

1. queersilver

queersilver Member

Hi all!

Anybody here knows of a free books inventory software for mac? Maybe something similar to this but free. ;)
    I need to organize my bookshelves. Thanks in advance! Happy new year!

2. briareos

briareos Member

3. queersilver

queersilver Member

thanks! will try this one out.

4. kaffee

kaffee Active Member

Hi queersilver,
    You can also give Bookpedia from Bruji a try. It's the cheapest cataloging app there is (around $18 as of this post). Here's a review.

Otherwise, you might want to do it on an OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog), like this one, which offers free list of up to 200 books (my personal preference). It allows you to download your catalog either as CSV file (similar to download options in our PM page) or as tab-delimited text, as well as import other catalogs you have already made from your computer. Cataloging on this is fun and easy, too.

Or this one (which I find has less features as the first OPAC reco).

Here's a similar thread which might help, too.

#4 kaffee, Jan 3, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  5. elbert

elbert Active Member

Delicious Library, not free, but it is one of the coolest apps available for the Mac.