Bluetooth problem

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by davaoMAC, Jan 18, 2005.

1. davaoMAC

davaoMAC Member

This is weird...... I used to have a 1ghz albook with bluetooth built in and traded it with a newer iBook 1.22 and bought an MSI bluetooth dongle to transfer and sync data to and from my K700i. I never had a problem with the bluetooth in my albook to k700i, now, iSync cannot recognize it now with my iBook. I can transfer files manually though but I cannot sync......what's up with that???

2. PatrickGaerlan

PatrickGaerlan Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Does your iBook recognize the Bluetooth dongle?

3. davaoMAC

davaoMAC Member

yes, i suppose so since I can transfer files to and fro the mobile phone, it just doesn't sync

4. PatrickGaerlan

PatrickGaerlan Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Now, have you paired up your phone with your new iBook already? Sorry if it seems like a stupid question, just want to make sure we haven't missed anything :)

[EDIT]
    Oops, I guess you have since you're able to transfer files. The phone is already in your iSync panel?

[Edited on 1-19-2005 by PatrickGaerlan]

5. hubes

hubes Member

This morning I decided to swap my P900 with my wife's k700i and although I am able to synchronize with iSync I can't seem to receive files from the k700i (when I try to send a file the phone just hangs). I can send files from my Mac to the k700i. What do you suppose is wrong?

Earlier today I installed Apple's Security Update 2005-003 (Client) 1.0, is it possible that this could be the root of the problem?

[Edited on 3-23-2005 by hubes]

6. elbert

elbert Active Member

• Download Apple iSync Utilities 1.0 and use the iSyncUninstall utility to remove every file related to iSync.

• Download and install the latest version of iSync (ver. 1.5).

• Delete the pairing on both phone and Mac.

• In the Bluetooth menu, Set up Bluetooth Device.

Essentially, you are wiping the slate clean and starting from scratch, but it should resolve your iSync issues.

BTW, don't forget to repair disk permissions!

[Edited on 3-23-2005 by elbertc]

7. hubes

hubes Member

Got it. Thanks a lot Elbert!