bloated MBP 17" battery, best place to buy a replacement

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by waikru, Aug 20, 2009.

1. waikru

waikru Member

had mine for almost 2 years however it started dying on me without warning this past few weeks.

noticed last night that the battery expanded so i removed it. unfortunately, its no longer covered by the apple recall which ended last May.

aside from store.apple.com, what local store would you recommend to get a replacement?

can the battery still be repaired?

thanks.

2. Shinrai

Shinrai Guest

Best to get a replacement at Digital Walker, they still had batteries for the older MBPs last I peeked. Once it gets like that, refurbishing the battery gets a bit more tricky.

3. elbert

elbert Active Member

I know you mentioned it, but I recommend you try ordering directly from Apple:
    http://store.apple.com/ph

Hassle free and delivered straight to your doorstep.