black macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by glennp00, Jan 17, 2009.

1. glennp00

glennp00 Member

im thinking of selling my black macbook 2.4ghz with 4gb ram and buying a used mba 1.6ghz.is this a good idea?i havent tried the mba,hows the speed? TIA

2. manolop10

manolop10 Active Member

I've used that MBa with the same specs, and I'll tell you nothing beats having 4gb ram and the extra 2.4 when multi-tasking on the black macbook. The air for me was too slow, I had to wait all the time for windows to load from different apps, and it just can't keep up with how I multi-task on my black macbook. So if you're happy with your black mac and don't mind the extra weight, just keep it. But if you really need the portability vs. speed, then the air might be better for you. In my case, the air didn't quite perform to my daily needs.

3. glennp00

glennp00 Member

tnx for the reply.plus i still have to buy a superdrive for the mba

4. glennp00

glennp00 Member

pero sobrang porma ng mba hehe

5. pogiii

pogiii Member

im contemplating on the same thing....my MBP is too bulky to lug around....ill decide what u decide to do! :) heheh

its just that the new aluminum macbooks are too tempting.... but i want the mba's size

6. glennp00

glennp00 Member

pogii: i think you'll have alot more options since you have a mbp.its like choosing aesthetic vs being practical hehe

7. pogiii

pogiii Member

yun nga e! nakakainis ung problem na to hehe

8. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Member

why not test drive the mba first dude? para sure ka and walang sisihan. maybe for a day or two, so you can visualize if the mba's size, porma ( eto talaga yun eh! ) vs. speed is enough to satisfy not just your wants, but your needs as well.

your satisfaction, above all things, should be guaranteed! :p

#8 Hattori Hanzo, Jan 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  9. Shinrai

Shinrai Guest

The Air disappoints as a primary mac but is excellent as a mac on the go. just my opinion.

10. carloslegarda

carloslegarda Member

If you need something like a Folio then get the MBA. Otherwise, stick with a MacBook or Macbook Pro.

11. bad_boy

bad_boy Watching Your Language
    Staff Member Supporter

Well, it all depends on what you need. My Air is my primary computer, and I have no problems at all with it. Then again, I write/edit for a living, so my needs aren't very demanding :D