Big itunes mistake-please assist

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by moozapalooza, Feb 5, 2008.

1. moozapalooza

moozapalooza Guest

So last night i was cleaning up my itunes and getting rid of some of my playlists because they start to build up. The only playlist I typically use is the "Recently Added" one. So I erased al my playlists except that one and the "Party Shuffle" one that can't be erased. When I went to sync my ipod it said that songs on the ipod can not be synced beacuse all of the playlists selected for syncing no longer exist.

I've tried everything. I updated my itunes, uninstalled and reinstalled it, and restored the ipod. still no luck.

my ipod is emptying and its making me feel down :( someone please help.

2. maria

maria Member

So wait, you want to restore the erased playlists?

3. philpangandian

philpangandian Active Member

Try clicking your iPod icon in the menu bar of your iTunes. Then in the main screen of you iTunes, click the Music tab found in the upper portion of the screen :) then you can choose there what playlists should be synced with your iPod...

4. moozapalooza

moozapalooza Guest

i suppose thats what i need
    unless anyone else has some idea of waht would solve this

5. PatrickGaerlan

PatrickGaerlan Super Moderator
    Staff Member

@moozapalooza, what exactly do you want to do? Do you simply want to get all your songs back to your iPod?

You probably had your iTunes configured to only sync certain playlists to your iPod. Since you erased most of your playlists, iTunes doesn't have anything to sync back to your iPod. You can set iTunes to sync all your songs to the iPod, or create and select new playlists to sync with your iPod. You can set this by connecting your iPod then clicking on it when it shows up in the iTunes sidebar, under DEVICES. Go to the Music tab, then either select "All songs and playslists" or "Selected playlists" then put a check on each playlist you want synced to your iPod. Click "Sync" when you're done.

6. Nicky

Nicky Member

Or maybe you just need to replicate the "Recently Added" playlist. You still have your songs in your library, right?