Beyond the Box Open Box - November 2019

Discussion in 'Beyond The Box' started by Lana of Beyond the Box, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Lana of Beyond the Box

Lana of Beyond the Box Well-Known Member

Hello, Muggers!

Experience the second wave of huge discounts for the month of November of Apple branded units and accessories you’ve been eyeing for! We're delighted to offer Open box items available at Beyond the Box Century starting tomorrow, November 23. The list of items is attached to this thread.

To avail of any item, please take note of the Tag No. as you visit our store to purchase the item.

Please note that this is on a first-come, first-served basis; no reservations allowed.

Payment Options:

- Cash: gets extra 10% off from the published Sale Price

- Credit Card (24 Months, 0% Interest for BPI, Citibank, Metrobank)

*Please be advised that some units are still in-transit for delivery at BTB Century Mall.

Beyond the Box Century City Mall is open from 11 AM - 9 PM daily. Thank you!

Attached Files:

#1 Lana of Beyond the Box, Nov 22, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    bacchus_3, arkaell, lsalapare and 3 others like this.
  2. imyigarcia

imyigarcia Member

I just came from BTB in Century City Mall, the unit I wanted apparently “did not arrive,” and “might” be included in the next batch instead, and the staff has no idea when that “next batch” will be. so it turns out I wasted my Saturday morning.

3. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 PhilMUG Addict Member

So who to call to check if the item is already in Century Mall? Planning to go there too but wouldn’t waste my time if nothing’s good to buy.

4. kristianne

kristianne Member

i've been calling century mall branch, phone says i've dialled 46 times already, not once did they lift the receiver...haaaaaay.....lahat ng call na yan ubos muna yung ringing before i tried again...

5. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

Ohh... this can be (clearly) a loophole on their policy regarding ‘first-come, first-served basis.’ Who knows when will it arrive. Who knows what unit will still be available for customers.
    Any way, still a generous discount given by btb on some units.
    Just saying.;)

6. imyigarcia

imyigarcia Member

Yup, nearly half of the XS/XS Max units were already cleaned out by the time it was my turn (I was 12th in line).

Oh well :whistle:

7. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 PhilMUG Addict Member

Never mind then :D

8. catalysmic

catalysmic Active Member

Happened to me last time around.. No Reservation via phone policy.. so drove there 1st thing in the AM..
    Lo and Bewasted.. Item aren't delivered / available yet onsite..
    There's no magic they tell you when will they arrive.. SumaTutal ?! Oras, Tollgate, Gas, PArking at .. Nadagdag kme sa trapik.. =(

Pupkin likes this.
  9. mree

mree Well-Known Member

No amount of discount is more precious than your time and saving yourself from headaches. Never tried purchasing any from this. Like what I said before, unless there's some exclusivity given to PhilMUG members like being able to reserve a certain number of products, then this is a no-go. There's way too many people who know of this promo including, but not limited to, friends with BTB Management.

mauwrr, catalysmic and Pupkin like this.
  10. AceBurd

AceBurd Member

this was also posted in their social media accounts, which the TS failed to mention

11. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

When she posted this din i think early this month, sabi stocks will arrive the next day... good thing i called the night before kasi “nabili na daw” so i asked paanong nabili eh stocks will arrive tom pa lang... i dont mind the first come first serve and the fact that you have to go there sa store, as the saying goes you snooze you lose, but its different when u post false ads here on philmug. To Lara of beyond the box, at least mention the correct details of your stocks, dont say its on the way when in fact right that moment eh may bumibili na sa store nyo... imagine had i not called and went there right on opening of the store to ensure i get first dibs only to find out it was sold the night before even when your ad says “sale starts tomorrow” which is obviously false. wasted effort time and money. Good thing i called cause notorious na talaga sila with these
    I messaged her privately regarding this but got no response, so i guess that’s really how it works now with beyond the box. Again I’m not asking for special treatment for philmuggers, these sales are a great way to get cheaper items, but at least have the decency to post the correct details, its the least you can do for your customers. When your ad says sale starts tomorrow, then at the very least stick to it so u don’t waste people’s time. Not all of us have nothing to do.

wulf, OhYeah, mauwrr and 4 others like this.
  12. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

these are published as notes in their Facebook page, so everyone and their grandpa knows about this sale.

it's sad to see a once-philmug-favorite retailer nose-dive in terms of customer experience, but it's the reality we have to live with. let's just take our patronage elsewhere to save ourselves from the hassle. :p

13. Pupkin

Pupkin Well-Known Member

I’ve wasted my time.

14. imyigarcia

imyigarcia Member

I sent them a DM via their Facebook page last Saturday, seems to have been been ignored. Sad... I used to look forward to their open box sales (i remember when it was still allowed to make reservations over the phone). I understand the notion of "first come, first served" and "you snooze, you lose," which is why I made the effort to get there early to line up, knowing that the sale was also advertised on their FB page. I agree with the other poster that the least BTB could have done was to post the ACTUAL inventory of sale items. I can only speculate that the item I intended to buy was already sold even before the actual sale.

Again, oh well. Charged to experience. :giggle: