Beyond the Box Open Box - August 2019

Discussion in 'Beyond The Box' started by Lana of Beyond the Box, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Lana of Beyond the Box

Lana of Beyond the Box Well-Known Member

Good day, Muggers!

We’re glad to announce the availability of open box items at Beyond the Box Century City Mall starting tomorrow, August 24. The list of items is attached to this thread.

To avail of any item, please take note of the Tag No. as you visit our store to purchase the item.

Please note that this is on a first-come, first-served basis; no reservations allowed.

Payment Options:

- Cash: gets extra 10% off from the published Sale Price

- Credit Card (24 Months, 0% Interest for BPI, Citibank, Metrobank)

*Please be advised that some units are still in-transit for delivery at BTB Century Mall.

Beyond the Box Century City Mall is open from 11 AM - 9 PM daily. Thank you!

Attached Files:

CityboyPanda likes this.
  2. snipes

snipes Active Member

2009 Mac mini price is a sure winner.

3. Ghibli

Ghibli PhilMUG Addict Member

10 year old machine, already classified by Apple as obsolete is still being sold. Mind-blowing.

Zoey, snipes and dasaint like this.
  4. Shadia

Shadia New Member

Wasted 957php to go here via Grab. Called in advance to ask if they can reserve for just a few hours so my effort won’t be wasted going there. Five minutes late so I didn’t get one within my budget. Jeez. Never going back. ‍♀️

5. Cmmig

Cmmig PhilMUG Addict Member

What was the item

6. Shadia

Shadia New Member

Macbook Air and Macbook Pro worth 50K below are gone. Just writing here for others’ use, hopefully they won’t go through the same thing I did.

Zoey likes this.
  7. Cmmig

Cmmig PhilMUG Addict Member

From my understanding they reserved it for you?
    Usually they don't do that.
    It was already a consideration on their part if they did.

8. Shadia

Shadia New Member

Haha no. They didn’t and I don’t think they do. But saying that’s it’s already unavailable over the phone is I think a common courtesy? Even being asked and approached in-store is. But I guess I am just comparing it to the kind of service we have on our own businesses. But yeah, learning experience.

9. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

no reservation on this from what i understand. you need to be early instead.

10. macmacoy

macmacoy Active Member

Being early is not a guarantee that you'll get the item you are for. happened to me once. I went there on the first day, i was second in line, the guy ahead of me didnt get the item i wanted so I am expecting to get it. lo and behold, it wasnt there. someone somewhere bought it. no one can explain. Lana was useless.

I don't get excited about this open box sale anymore. Discounts are so so and most items are over valued (like that mac mini that is still valued at retail price, 10 years ago). Things are way better when Abe was still around.

11. Shadia

Shadia New Member

Tried but I don’t drive though we have three cars. Traumatized from an accident, also that I stop in the middle of intersections when I did drive. LOL. Had to Grab and basing from the Grab cost, I am quite far away from CCM and it was traffic.

12. Shadia

Shadia New Member

Who’s Abe? Been a long lurker here. But bought my last 2 iPhones only from Globe, and 3 Macbooks from work and abroad. First time to try here. But I’ll take your post under advisement. Thank you! ^_^

13. macmacoy

macmacoy Active Member

I mean Abet pala. He was what Lana is now. He worked for Digital Walker / Beyond The Box. I dont know the official designation.

Gomi likes this.
  14. rflores

rflores Well-Known Member

reservations are not allowed. you have to be there. first come first serve. I bought a Mac here by arriving an hour before the store starts, mall was still closed. I was 3rd in line, just lucky they were gunning for different machines.

15. aoofelipe

aoofelipe New Member

Jeez, a lot of entitled people in the comments section. These sales are a privilege, not a right. let's all be thankful. If we get what we want, great! if not, we move on and try again next time. Your team is much appreciated, Lana and co.

16. vsperalta

vsperalta Member

As a philmuger, we are very thankful to BTB for privileges afforded to the members. The problem is with the accuracy of the list and the inconsistent policy. Our personal experience on this one was when a list was posted, my wife and I made it sure to be the first in line to guarantee and secure the items we were eyeing from the list. To cut the long narrative short, being the first customers to be accommodated, we requested for the items with its corresponding numbers from the list. Lo and behold, some of the items we were trying to get was already taken. Taken? how can that be when we were the first to enter the store, We were even ahead of one or two of its employees. Unless and until they can provide an accurate list of available items, rants and the likes are to be anticipated.

jesusluison, mokmoki, Ghibli and 10 others like this.
  17. Zoey

Zoey Active Member

Sorry this is not much of a privilage. The discounts you get here are about the same as from private sellers from the second hand market.

18. snipes

snipes Active Member

The point I am making is that the price is not based on this reality.

Anyone buying it for more than 5,000 should have their head checked.

The employees normally gets first dibs on the items being put up on sale so whatever is left is what aren't that attractive.

To save people grief reservations shouldnt be allowed without downpayment. I've known customers making phone reservations but being no show.

Zoey likes this.
  19. dasaint

dasaint PhilMUG Addict Member

BTB Sale was to be something I used to look forward too . But the market has changed with a lot of second-hand units being sold with far more attractive .So they should be looking at the current market price of 2nd rather than the original MRSP because of a demo unit or open box is same as a second hand if not worse since you dont know how many hands laid on those units.

Case in point I was looking for a new iPad just weeks ago .They were selling an IPAD AIR 2019 WIFI 64GB GOLD for 24,920 . I was able to get a deal for Ipad Air 3 2019 64GB one week old with local OR for 23,000.

Salaryman Ryan, mokmoki, Zoey and 4 others like this.
  20. Zoey

Zoey Active Member

Then they simply have to put time limit on the reservation. Why should the regular and loyal customers suffer from the bad behavior of others.

Reservations promote good will and customer loyalty.

Salaryman Ryan likes this.