Best way to connect MBP Mid 2009 model to LCD TV?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by daney_waney, Nov 26, 2009.

1. daney_waney

daney_waney Active Member

What cables do I need to connect my MBP Mid 2009 model to an LCD TV? Mini-dvi to VGA or Mini-dvi to dvi? I'm also looking at getting a one solution cable to connect my MBP to an LCD tv and a projector as well.

2. alikishi

alikishi Well-Known Member

DVI or HDMI is preferrable

3. jared08evo

jared08evo Member

i use dvi-hdmi

4. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Member

i use a dvi to hdmi cable. pero if you want a single solution, it might be a challenge unless the projector you use supports hdmi. if you want a single solution then i guess dvi to vga is the all in one.

5. marjoejoejoe

marjoejoejoe Member

i prefer dvi - hdmi

6. ste@lth

[email protected] Well-Known Member

single solution is usually a mini-display port to vga since most of the devices LCD TV, Projectors etc has a VGA port, but it limits your HDMI capability....

7. CooLes

CooLes Active Member

If you require the Mac's sound to travel over the HDMI port, then I'd suggest a mini-displayport and USB audio to HDMI adapter.

Since the elegance of having an HDMI output is that it carries both audio and video in a single cable, a DVI output won't carry audio. Displayport is said to carry audio but Apple has yet to implement it. So the above solution brings USB audio and combines it into an HDMI adapter.

Until current Macs with mini Displayport start supporting audio, this would be the solution for now. When that happens, I'd probably but a Mac mini to integrate it into my HT setup.

8. daney_waney

daney_waney Active Member

is there any other way for the sounds to go out in the tv if i use the mini display port? I already got the screen to show up. i can get the sounds though... i have an 3.5 to rca connector but the sound does not go out to the tv.. :(

9. manolop10

manolop10 Active Member

same as others. DVI-HDMI