best place to buy new battery for mb

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by zee, Nov 15, 2009.

1. zee

zee Member

hi, i think my battery's busted and I heard that buying a new one's gonna cost me 7k, i was wondering if there's a place i can go buy it from that isn't as expensive as that, or is that the standard price for a battery nowadays? i own a black macbook if that makes any difference. :) thanks in advance!

2. dakilang_waiter

dakilang_waiter Active Member

You can buy Apple batteries from Ynzal for 6.5k and they also have NewerTech brand Mac batteries that have higher capacity and lower price. Check www.ynzal.com

3. panis

panis Well-Known Member

the price at senco link is also 6.5k

4. ian_gabinete

ian_gabinete Member

try tipidpc.com. price range is 4.5k-5k php.

5. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

hi zee! do you have applecare? if you do, instead of buying, you can go to any certified apple reseller and have the battery replaced. i did that to my black macbook 2.5 yrs ago :)

HTH

6. zee

zee Member

thanks guys! :) unfortunately i don't have applecare, so my wallet's going to feel a lot of pain. lol :D

7. elbert

elbert Active Member

For me, the easiest and safest place, especially for discontinued models, is at store.apple.com/ph.

Slightly more expensive (by a few hundred pesos), but you're assured it's fresh stock and it's conveniently delivered to your doorstep.

8. Bogey

Bogey Member

I'm taking elbert's advice on this one. I have the first generation white macbook (CoreDuo)

9. macluvr

macluvr Member

I don't know if Applecare has changed, but if you are on extended Applecare (2 years) I know that battery is not covered in it. I once brought in my powerbook for a replacement of battery and was told, sorry mam but batteries are only covered on the first year. FYI lang po