Best home broadband service with no data limit?

Discussion in 'Time Capsule, AirPort Extreme, AirPort Express' started by john edward, Jan 28, 2014.

1. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

please give us feedback. thanks

suavecito likes this.
  2. Sanobabits

Sanobabits Member

I believe you can ask Sky for a 15-day trial. As I was told, Sky Broadband is pretty decent. But since it is cable internet, it depends on the number of users/subscribers in your given area.

potpot2 and suavecito like this.
  3. suavecito

suavecito PhilMUG Addict Member

Great! Thanks for the tip!

4. marvinp

marvinp Active Member

Sorry, just saw your reply. Yes, consistent 45-50mbps speed. No monthly cap.

5. macmacoy

macmacoy Active Member

Are you located in one of the areas in their list? I am interested but I only live near one condo in their list so I am not sure if I'll be able to get the same speed

6. marvinp

marvinp Active Member

Yes, they offer the service in our area. Try to inquire if your area is included.

7. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

Thanks for this! Good thing I stumbled upon this thread. Currently subscribed to Skybroadband 1999 5mbps. Just called them re this new plan of theirs (1999 16mbps), & they said they would send someone tomorrow to change the modem so I would be getting the new speed :)

wem272 likes this.
  8. wem272

wem272 Active Member

I am on PLDT DSL 5mbps... 2 days no telephone line... had it reconnected after bribing the edgecomm contractor i saw on the street. Their call center is absolutely useless. I called Sky broadband... they will connect me tomorrow. If they are going to give me 16 mbps... bye bye pldt...

9. a9828

a9828 Member

no worries. i actually upgraded our 999 bundle (2mbps) to the 1599 bundle (8mbps) since sky performs well in our area (luckily for us). so far oks naman, browsing is still faster using our 3.5mbps pldt dsl (we have sky as redundancy) but for downloads, mobile devices and the ps4, steady naman yung sky. is this continues, we can probably take out pldt soon.

sana ganito for the duration of the sky contract hahaha. steady rin dual def 299, just the basic essentials for cable tv talaga

10. DATC

DATC Member

Am currently on skybroadband's 3mbps, unlimited at P1k/month. I was thinking of switching to their 16mpbs plan at 2K/month, but I think I will go with Globe's 50mbps at P2,500/month. Globe's bundled landline with unlimited calls to Globe mobile did it for me, since our family is all on Globe. I figure that if I disconnect my PLDT landline and discontinue my Skybroadband service, my incremental cost is only P800/month for an upgrade in speed from 3mbps to 50 mbps, whereas if I chose sky 16mbps, my incremental cost is P1000/month for upgrade to 16 mbps.

11. supahdende

supahdende Well-Known Member

If globe fiber is available in your area and there are no other options you can try it. Switched from Pldt 5mbps with landline to globe platinum 2499 50mbps. So far it perform as expected. I can watch nba games via nba league pass in us while updating my ps4 games and wifey is watching youtube. The free nba league pass and spotify premium is also good as it saves me 900+++ a month.

12. DATC

DATC Member

Did you avail of the 6 months free for switching from another provider? So your billing for the first six months is zero?

How is the interconnection between Globe lines and PLDT phones? Is it easy to call out / into your Globe phone?

13. supahdende

supahdende Well-Known Member

Yes I availed so i will not pay anything for the first six months. I am not sure on the connection between Pldt and globe landlines but as far as I know you should be able to call Pldt landlines without any problems.

14. marvinp

marvinp Active Member

We didn't have our PLDT line disconnected since that's the number everyone knows. Besides, the Globe landline will not work if there's no power to the modem. Better invest in a UPS if you need the landline 24/7.

15. suavecito

Fresh Skycable installation [​IMG] Test driving it later.

16. wizowsky

wizowsky Member

Nice! Is this their 50Mbps Ultra High Speed Plan? Hope you could also share your download/upload experience. :)

17. suavecito

This is their 16mbps. Youtube plays a consistent 1080p even with multiple connections. Upload sped is 1mbps. Not really recommended when you have a large cloud account.

18. wizowsky

wizowsky Member

Oh ok. No plans of upgrading it to 50Mbps? Hehe. Thanks anyways for the info.

19. suavecito

Nope im fine as it is right now. :)

Chito Limson likes this.
  20. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

Would you know if sky broadband is compatible with dns spoofing services like unblock-us or unotelly? Thanks.