Best home broadband service with no data limit?

Discussion in 'Time Capsule, AirPort Extreme, AirPort Express' started by john edward, Jan 28, 2014.

1. macfrancis

macfrancis Member

The plan is 2899 but my billing is 3,000.

2. silverfox

silverfox Member

Logging in as a guest user works! So I guess that means there is a setting that I will need to fix. But that's like finding a needle in a digital haystack. Should I just wipe the computer clean then? Or maybe do a PRAM reset or something?

3. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 PhilMUG Addict Member

Try to migrate your files excluding the config settings like in ~/Library/Preferences to a new user instead. But if you have time to do a clean install I'd go for that.

4. Chip

Chip PhilMUG Addict Member

I'm actually okay with gaming on my PLDT DSL 8mbps plan (previously it was at 5mbps and they recently upgraded it to 8). The only problem I see with PLDT is upstream, I can't do share play or broadcast my gameplay in HD, heck, even in SD (480p). This is the reason why I want to switch to Fibr, but alas, no Fibr facilities yet in my area -_________-.

Was however interested in switching to Sky Broadband, but I've read a lot of horror stories regarding downtime and intermittent connections, which made me stay with PLDT and just wait for Fibr.

5. macfrancis

macfrancis Member

potpot2 likes this.
  6. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

March 20 2016

Still have to testify that PLDT wins hands down. We have in our home 100mbps Fibr and an 8Mbps DSL in one of our condos. Tried downloading exact same file on torrent, same source, one from DSL the other from Fibr, Fibr took 4 minutes DSL took 3 hours. AWESOME!!!

7. Sabonis

Sabonis Active Member

Can you be more specific and label which telco provides for which service? There are s lot of Fiber and dsl providers nowadays. It would be for everyone's benefit to know which providers you are referring to.

Thanks.

8. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

Fibr - only PLDT uses that spelling, both fiber and DSL I referred to was from pldt

potpot2 likes this.
  9. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

This happened to my MacBook when I had a sky broadband free trial installed. Just google mac wifi fix, follow instructions and you'll be up and running in no time. I used the osxdaily link I got from the google results.

10. Sabonis

Sabonis Active Member

Ok. Got it. Just got confused with your post.

11. reclamation

reclamation Member

Sky broadband user here, Mandaluyong area
    So far so good,
    Plan 2,899 - 50Mbps

Attached Files:

ambermd likes this.
  12. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

What's the upload speed for Sky? Thanks.

13. reclamation

reclamation Member

5 to 8Mbps

14. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

Hmm, I think that's good enough; I was under the impression it was limited to just 1Mbps like their old plans.

In that case, I might just switch back to Sky; instead of forever waiting for PLDT to act on my request(s) to have my DSL plan migrated to Fibr. Last time I followed up, the telephone agent said my end of the street was confirmed to be Fibr-ready (finally). I'll give PLDT another week or two.

15. reclamation

reclamation Member

You can send me a pm, i can give my Sky broadband agent number so you can call her directly

16. cyberprince

cyberprince Active Member

PMing you too. Need that contact. :)

17. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

Sky Broadband
    Plan 16mbps - 1999
    Osmena Hwy area, Makati

been reliable for the past 2 months after the upgrades they did previously. if anything happens, i appreciate their customer service handling since i don't get put on hold for hours on end unlike with PLDT, and that's why i terminated my PLDT DSL service earlier on and decided to switch to Sky. seems i can stomach an intermittent service more than i can bad customer service.

potpot2 likes this.
  18. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

I live in malate. Sky had been to our home twice to try to install their broadband services, but on both times, they can not get a signal. So stucked with PLDT

19. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

do keep the faith amigo, at least they're trying. been there with them numerous times in the past... gotta love their somewhat relatively prompt response compared to PLDT. i guess being a smaller ISP compared to the usual giants works to their advantage, hirap kasi pag masyado nang malaki yung customer base.

20. cybersniper

cybersniper PhilMUG Addict Member

@potpot2 - wait for Globe's new DSL plans to roll out... old subscribers like myself are already enjoying it via a not so known upgrade :) #Rubicon

15Mbps with 150GB monthly allowance (will throttle down to 4.5Mbps when allowance has been consumed) at Php1,599 per month.

potpot2 likes this.