Best Buffets

Discussion in 'Food' started by REDcrazy, Dec 6, 2010.

1. jessec

jessec Active Member

Also tried Fresh buffet before. They serve Boston lobster when I visited, not sure now.

2. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mm...nung una meron (i am referring to when fresh opened in nineteen coopon coopun)....then nawala.....ngayon binalik ( lobsters every buffer dinner)....kaya babalik ako ngayon gabi. :LOL:

and if you view the mikey vid, look at those ulang......oh my ulang! Sarap kaya. :ROFLMAO:

Sunil_K likes this.
  3. jessec

jessec Active Member

Yes it's a good buffet, I'm referring to the Boston/ Maine lobster with claws, Mikey vid only shows the spiny variety of lobster, but that's still good.

raypin likes this.
  4. jessec

jessec Active Member

@sir raypin , how was your experience at Fresh. I tried the brunch buffet at Nobu yesterday, not your usual Japanese buffet. No tempura, no sukiyaki, no sashimi, they serve Nobu"s new style sashimi and tiradito, and crusted roast beef that is cooked on tepanyaki table. They have good fresh oysters and nice desserts. At regular brunch rate(almost 3k) not "sulit" Imho. Got discounted rate from metrodeal, so pwede na.

raypin likes this.
  5. raypin

Mm....disappointed.Fat curacha were aplenty but the Boston lobster were nowhere to be found. I had to request the older guy in the cooking station to bring me some. Two Boston lobsters nga but it seemed to have been poached sometime ago so the meat was rubbery. Did not ask for seconds. The veggie medley was oversalted. I wanted good brocolli, one of my favorite cruciferous. Mas maalat pa sa Pacific ocean. The carving (roasted top sirloin) was good (very tender). I wanted pork but I stuffed myself silly with the free-flowing juice and vodka mule.

Love the Caesars.....they use high-quality anchovy fillets....definitely not the canned ones from the supermarket.

Service was excellent.

Just looking at those hardened my arteries:

2DB30CF5-CE89-4DB7-B8B2-4DA2DD0E3C40.jpeg 68B15762-D539-4F6E-868F-1DE5F17BACED.jpeg
    10AC91AB-2F4A-4732-91BC-F103A35397F3.jpeg

Solaire is aging very well. It still looks and smells like new.

p.s. no ulang! P.I.

#665 raypin, Nov 4, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    docjbr, Sunil_K and jessec like this.
  6. jessec

jessec Active Member

^ maybe when you're lucky to be there when some VIP YouTuber is featuring them, that's the time they'll bring out their better ingredients haha. Best buffet should be about their consistency.

raypin likes this.
  7. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

^The only peeve about Fresh, especially during buffet lunch, is that it’s almost filled to capacity with Chinese, Korean and Japanese players. The only good thing about them is that after eating they hurriedly get back to their gambling tables. Mostly, Fresh staff replace leftover buffet food with new ones if you ask them to, but often they leave the bowls until the contents are gone. The sushi and sashimi section needs some flair, and better choices, to say the least. And once, when we celebrated some event last year, they featured Indian-Pakistani food which was a welcome and delectable treat, although it was rather spicy and you actually smelled like an East Asian the whole day.

They also now have a vegan corner, for those who insist on vegan fare.

Sunil_K and raypin like this.
  8. warmgreentea

warmgreentea Well-Known Member

Any opinions about The Alley by Vikings? I haven't tried it, but I'm always curious about it when I pass by the buffet at BGC area.

9. raypin

mm...Niu or Vikings still better. Keep walking.