Ber months! Christmas gift ideas

Discussion in 'General OT' started by docjbr, Sep 3, 2018.

1. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Hey muggers! No, I won't be posting any Jose Mari Chan pics here, nor will I ask where to get songs to play on repeat.

Will be trying to get ahead of our Christmas list this year. I think I've been a terrible gift giver, usually decide on getting it within 2 weeks of Christmas, as soon as I really feel the Christmas spirit. For this year, I plan to get something nice, and would like to get something very local to support local businesses. Last year, I got Ube Halaya and Leche Flan packaged nicely from Farm to Fork.

If you guys happen to run into something, or received something in the past that you actually appreciated, can you post it here? Maybe we can also give varied suggestions (100-300 range, 500-1000 range, 1000-3000 range), and what are nice gifts in the 4 to 5 digit range? :ROFLMAO: Looking forward to the suggestions. Thanks PhilMUG!

Sunil_K and hitme64 like this.
  2. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Because of rising prices of commodities and the looming food crisis, I would rather be cheap to Ebenezer Scrooge levels and gift everyone on my list a Christmas card. From Hallmark. But that will still cost a lot actually.

pennylane, raypin and Juice like this.
  3. macjobber

macjobber PhilMUG Addict Member

Lots of gift ideas can be found at Mi Store. :)

4. vickymooch

vickymooch Member

For office gift-giving, I started as early as the July. I have given the ladies lipsticks from Colourpop (price range from P175 to P500) as I buy just enough per order to ensure free international delivery and during sale season so I cover most of the ladies :)

This year, I'm thinking of bulk ordering the hyped Organic Clay Blush that can be used on lips, cheeks, and eyelids.

Still thinking of ideas for the gents.

docjbr likes this.
  5. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

xiaomi items heheh pretty cheap and good quality :)

6. julmercado

julmercado Active Member

I make artisanal Hot Sauce and it's a great gift idea this holiday season since we are feasting on food.

facebook.com/donhulyohotsauce

Juice likes this.
  7. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

There's a sale of Xiaomi items in Lazada 9.9

8. mree

mree Well-Known Member

I give my team, around 70 pax, food every Christmas. I usually order boxed goodies from Conti’s. Around Php150.00 per head.

Then for some of my friends I have already ordered handmade customized leather goods (card holders and keychains) from local online sellers like Astrid Leather. Around Php250.00-Php900.00 range.

Then for my closest ones, the gifts are really based on their likes and personalities.

9. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Between Down Under and the Great White North
    How about liquor-infused brownies? Who wouldn't want that combo for the holidays?

Check out Brownie Bar Philippines and place your orders early!

[​IMG]
    Don Papa Tablea

A sinful combination of local tablea, Malagos Chocolate from Davao, and Don Papa Rum. It is bold, earthy, and yet familiar: a true tribute to the Filipino spirit.

10. docjbr

What’s an “in” gadget or good prize for a raffle:

1. Worth 10,000 (it was always usually TV

2. Worth 5,000 (last year, it was an Oppo phone I think

Any suggestions?

11. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

This Steve McQueen & Wife Framed Print is selling for $300...
    sonic-mcqueen-tub1-thumb-960xauto-92970.jpg
    So I asked my wife that we do the same thing and give ours as Christmas gifts for free...:love:

Get the TV @docjbr :D

Godfather, raypin and docjbr like this.
  12. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

If you prefer a cheapo android phone with mid range specs, I suggest you go with the Redmi Note 6, Bought one for my mom. at SGD260, you get 4 AI cameras, face ID, fingerprint scanner and a 6.2 inch LCD screen. Bonus, It looks like an iPhone Xr because it also has a notch.:LOL::LOL:

hitme64 and docjbr like this.
  13. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

For the sports minded, Decathlon PH has opened. There's a physical store at Tiendesitas and in Alabang.

hitme64 likes this.
  14. leninmac

For my small group of Pinoy OFWs here in Singapore I decided to get this cheap Luggage Weighing Scale for just SGD4 at Shopee. Cheap but very useful.

DESKTOP.jpg

bowser and hitme64 like this.
  15. macjobber

macjobber PhilMUG Addict Member

For TV, Avision 43" LED TV with Digital TV Tuner (like a TV with built-in TV Plus) with free bracket-order via Shopee.

For CP, Xiaomi RedMi 6 at almost P6k I

hitme64 likes this.
  16. docjbr

Thanks guys! So I'm guessing there's no "in" gadget now? Wanted to change it up a bit sana :)

17. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...for one of a kind and stylish holiday gift items and not available in the Philippines, go to a touch of modern. They ship internationally via myus.com.

https://www.touchofmodern.com/stores/tech?price[min]=&price[max]=&term=&react_ajax_request=true

Accomodates all budget points and across all categories including tech.

Example:

FFF91022-A98D-4BEA-9302-F19EA1B49712.png

Act locally. Think globally. :p

There’s local shop Pismo (Shangrila), lots of cool stuff from abroad but I am not sure if they are still in business.

If there is one gift category I would heartily recommend, it is headphones and in-ears. They get to use it everyday. It is personal. Nothing is more personal than personal audio equipment. it is a portal to music. And music is food for the soul. Go to my fave shop: Egghead Audiohub in Shangrila Plaza.

Of course, you can go for boring TVs and boring smartphones. Everyone has it! But those gifts are safe choices and the easiest to give. Zero hassle. For minimum logistics hassle, Lazada it to the recipient (yeah, the TV stuff). I would. The last thing I want to do is to lug the set into my car, into the party venue and then watch the gift recipient lug it to his car etc.

Or you can gift them with local travel packages. Metrodeal PH and other discounters have a ton of deals for domestic tourism or staycations. Experience vs. material stuff.

There are lots of good ideas out there.

But, it depends on your audience. What do they have in common? What gift would yield the greatest utility for the greatest number, in case it is a raffle? Practical and utilitarian or luxury (like a spa package) Gender-neutral? Experience vs. Objects. Ordinary vs. one of a kind. Difference between genuine appreciation because you placed a lot of thought to the gift and.........

Or just give them a damn TV or smartphone. Because gift giving is hard work. Lol!

#17 raypin, Nov 28, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    docjbr likes this.
  18. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

Guys, I need your help. Php500 budget. What accessories/kits can I buy for Instax Mini 8?

[​IMG]

leninmac likes this.
  19. leninmac

raypin likes this.
  20. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

Added bonus - it phones home in China and saves collected data. ;) Best if you can root it and install LineageOS.

Godfather likes this.