belkin routers warranty

Discussion in 'Other hardware discussions' started by tonti, Apr 5, 2010.

1. tonti

tonti Member

hi guys just a question. does anyone know where we can locally avail of belkin's lifetime replacement warranty?

2. Nebula.

Nebula. Member

sorry for digging up an "ancient" topic instead of starting a new one (i feel like i've said this line before)

here's my story:

my belkin router stopped working this morning. it was working fine then naghang siya, the lights were yellow (meaning 'active connection' pa rin dapat) but the DSL line disconnected and there were no blinking or activity of any sort to indicate that the connection was problematic..

after hours of google searching and not really finding helpful results i just called them (toll free hotline).

after what seemed like 30mins phone call with a CSR, they said they will send me an email regarding a replacement (not really sure with this) on monday (working day). i asked them if I have to pay anything for this replacement because from what i gathered from searching, there were situations where people were told to mail their product back or they get to keep it OR belkin CSR asks for a credit card number (collateral daw) if they dont return it dun nila ibabawas yung cost sa credit card. they just said that i should wait for an email cuz they don't know any belkin branch here. T__T

a friend told me naman that there's a belkin shop here in manila already (sm north) but i wasn't able to find any contact number online that's why i called the toll free hotline instead.

so, thread starter if you're still active here in philmug, maybe you could bring your unit or go to belkin shop in sm annex and ask personally if they honor the "lifetime warranty" they put in their products.

as for me, i'll wait for that email and i hope they got my email add right andd i pray i don't have to send back the product (if i do, i hope i can just drop it off at a manila belkin branch instead of mailing it).

ETA: my router is a N150

#2 Nebula., Dec 25, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  3. jessec

jessec Active Member
    Supporter

Few years back had my belkin pre n replaced (no power), I emailed belkin & they course the replacement thru microwarehouse. They even changed my unit to a newer model of pre n :)

4. Nebula.

Nebula. Member

I went to microwarehouse this morning with Belkin's email to have my unit replaced but MW denied it saying I should go to the store where I originally bought it cause they don't carry Belkin products anymore. =(

Hassle, wish they told me thru the phone this before I went there. Ang layo kasi.