Bayantel DSL

Discussion in 'Time Capsule, AirPort Extreme, AirPort Express' started by longbeard, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

Anyone else having intermittent connection? It's been horrible since Wednesday. The witch hunt is on blaming my router. Well, I have connected directly to no avail. A technician went over and changed the phone cord. Pathetic. Do these guys know what they are doing?

2. phoenix16

phoenix16 Guest

The technician changed my modem after fixing the connection. Internet's back but it's very slow.

3. maryannemoll

maryannemoll Guest

You cannot imagine how many times Bayantel changed our modem, and then our router, and then both of them together, leaving us without either gadget for about a week, and then came back, added a VoIP, and then changed that and the modem, and then again changed the router.

Performance is still the same.

4. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

I can. They have replaced my modem 3 times. Then blamed my router. Then blamed my Mac. Each time I proved them wrong by removing the router and using a PC. I am glad I didn't spend for a new router.

They always assume it's on the user's end. But my experience with them is that it is always network related. This is because there are periods where the problem peaks. It is correlated to user peak hours.

Right now, my connection has been intact for 47 min. Not surprising, this is siyesta hour. I expect intermittent connection to resume around 2:30 pm.

Bayantel has a poor compartmentalized structure. It seems no one is above all departments looking at the big picture. No one is accountable. We are just passed from one department to the next. Each doing routine procedures without diagnosing the real problem.

5. Bulakbol

Bulakbol Active Member

Bayantel's unit heads, specifically the ones handing broadband support should all resign. They are a useless bunch. I've emailed several of them to get their attention. No one had the decency to at least respond. Nagpipigil lang ako but I really want to post their names here.

#105 Bulakbol, Aug 31, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  6. gracegal

gracegal Member

I have a friend who is using Bayantel DSL and she's fed up with it's connection problem. She'll just finish the contract in a few months and she'll get a PLDT DSL.

7. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

What are better dsl options here in Morato, QC?

8. Bulakbol

Bulakbol Active Member

I think PLDT DSL is even worse hehe. I was a subscriber of PLDT once. After a year I moved to Bayantel. Now I am looking for a new provider.

9. Bulakbol

Bulakbol Active Member

If you have Globe in your area I think that would be your best bet.

10. Bulakbol

Bulakbol Active Member

Mine is experiencing intermittent connection since 2 weeks ago. No one at Bayantel can figure out why. No one can explain to me what's going on either.

11. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

My SkyDSL is unusable now. Connection is terminated every minute. I don't what to do anymore. There seem to be no reliable isp anywhere.

#111 Mad Mac, Aug 31, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2007
  12. Bulakbol

Bulakbol Active Member

Mine cannot load US .com sites. I tried loading a .au and .com.ph or .ph websites and they would load. What the freezin' hell is wrong with Bayantel?

13. R-T

R-T Active Member

mine too. connection drops every 10-15 min. tech guy said my conduit is noisy so he cant do anything about it then left.

14. Eric

Eric Member

Just had ours repaired yesterday. We had no connection for the whole of Friday. Apparently, line men were repairing cables in our street and accidentally tripped our connection in the process.

15. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

There seems to be hours where disconnection is frequent. Now it seem ok. Around 7pm again I am sure this will be unusable again. That tells me it is a network problem. Bad thing is , they will always claim, their system is good.

Tomorrow, they will be replacing the modem (again). Duh. This really shows nobody there knows what he is doing.

Oh I stand corrected, I got disconnected just now. Geez.

16. Bulakbol

Bulakbol Active Member

Me: I'm having problems with US .com sites. They won't load but I can browse .ph and .au websites.
    TSR: Are you using a router, sir?
    Me: Yes.
    TSR: Pwede po ba iderecho yung cable sa laptop niyo? Baka router niyo ang may problema.

Duh?

Me: I'm having connection problems again. Di pa ba naayos ang international link?
    TSR: Sir, hindi po kasi sa amin yung international link. Wala pa din po kami update kung kailan nila maayos.
    Me: Bakit ang sabi sa akin congested daw ang lines dito sa area ko kaya may problema ang connection ko?
    TSR: Sir, congested nga po. Kailangan daw po magdagdag ng E1 line.
    Me: So, kelan magdadagdag ng E1 line?
    TSR: Wala pa din po kami update pero na-request na po and for approval na.
    Me: Does that mean kung next year ma-approve, next year na din aayos ang connection ko?
    TSR: Wala po kasi kami maibigay na commitment kung kailan maayos ang lines. Ang Engineering po kasi ang nakakaalam ng details.
    Me: Get me a manager.
    Manager: Mr. X, magandang umaga po.
    Me: This is friggin' frustrating. Pinagpapasa-pasahan niyo ako. Ano ba talaga ang status ng issue and when can we expect you to fix it.
    (Inulit lang niya ang sinabi ng TSR.)

Aarrrrgh!

17. Bulakbol

Bulakbol Active Member

Mad Mac, what's your location?

18. duncan

duncan Well-Known Member

i think bayantel have to give rebate per day if no connection within 24 hours.

19. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

I am in Morato, QC. Finally, the technician has confirmed that the problem is congestion due to rerouting of data to Singapore. The Taiwan line is still being repaired. I was right all along that this was a network problem. According to him, they have escalated my ticket to Bayantel and confirmed that it is not hardware. Asked on a a timetable for the taiwan repair, no answer.

Now this being international, if I switch to Globe, will I have the same problem?

20. Bulakbol

Bulakbol Active Member

Yup, that's what I was told too. I've repeatedly asked for a timeline and no one within Bayantel can give me a straight answer. It's either no one knows or they do not want to divulge what's really going on. They always blame their partner but I find it impossible that the Taiwanese partner will not have a timeline as well.

Globe is connected via Singapore. PLDT and Bayantel connects via Taiwan. It's good that you have Globe as an option. I live in a place where Globe is being blocked off by PLDT and Bayantel. PLDT is worse in my opinion so I have no other choice but to stick with Bayantel for now.