Bayantel DSL

Discussion in 'Time Capsule, AirPort Extreme, AirPort Express' started by longbeard, Aug 9, 2005.

1. longbeard

longbeard Active Member

Anyone just subscribed to Bayantel DSL with the Free Airborne Access?

2. wulf

wulf Well-Known Member

i did last thursday. they haven't installed yet though.will post updates. perfect timing coz my AA subscription just expired. kinda weird though, ePLDT just bought AA & yet bayantel's offering AA in a tie-up promo? :winkgrin:

3. webmikey

webmikey Member

Hmmmm... the deal might have been consummated prior to PLDT's purchase of AA. Knowing PLDT, that contract (between AA and Bayantel) would most probably NOT be renewed after expiry. ;) Enjoy it while you can!

4. longbeard

longbeard Active Member

Is the AA free with the Bayantel P899 plan? When I read the newspaper last weekend it indicated a monthly additional fee for the AA.

5. wulf

wulf Well-Known Member

one time fee of P500

6. freelancer

freelancer Active Member

I just unsubscribed from Bayantel due to flaky performance in my area. Waiting for my PLDT DSL to be connected. Hay salamat I already have an AA account or else I would swallow my pride and apply again. :p

7. Macmon

Macmon Well-Known Member

I got feedback from our technician in school that PLDT does not give out already the CD configuration installer they have for PC's.

Not sure if it will affect the mac

8. phoenix16

phoenix16 Guest

i've been using bayantel dsl since may. am i the only one here who lives in tandang sora? no connection since thursday, aug 11. the call ctr reps have been telling me that their technicians are fixing the problem. it's so frustrating!

9. Macmon

Macmon Well-Known Member

Then you can demand for the 500 pesos per day downtime that is their guarantee.
    Get a report number from them and inform bayantel at 412-12-12 to deduct the 500/day downtime that they have done to your dsl.

10. longbeard

longbeard Active Member

Bayantel DSL was asking P2,500 for the installation fee since we are not a Bayantel Subscriber (will be waived if you are a subscriber). Might be getting PLDT DSL then..

11. cyberprince

cyberprince Active Member

Bayantel DSL was setup on our Music Ministry's PC. How can I set it up for use on my mac or Airport Express. Sa Windows may dialer pa sila? Anybody? I'm lost.

12. Dave_D

Dave_D Active Member

Just use the normal Airport Admin Utility and run through the wizard.

Bayantel uses PPPoE so it's no different than setting up a dial-up account to your ISP except that it uses Ethernet as the medium of authenticating instead of a modem.

13. cyberprince

Salamat Dave. Got it working.

14. cyberprince

Hey another query on Bayantel DSL, I noticed this only happens on my Mac, how come when the phone rings or someone picks it up I get disconnected. Doesn't happen when its connected to PC.

15. surgfish

surgfish Active Member

is this bayantel DSL same as with SKYDsl?

16. surgfish

surgfish Active Member

coz I've been with skyDSL for more than 3 yrs now and service is good. Plus if u get disconnected for more than 24 hrs you get a P500 rebate

17. psymd1

psymd1 Active Member

yup. have bayantel dsl, but had to pay P500 for one year for the AA.

18. surgfish

surgfish Active Member

ok, I got a linksys wireless router setup in my room, what advantages will I get with AA?

19. surgfish

surgfish Active Member

Does anyone know if bayantel is still offering a P500 a year wireless username/password? They offered me that wen I didnt have any wifi devices....

20. amunoz

amunoz Guest

Pal,

Even with the P2,500 installation fee, go for it. Bayantel's service is far better than PLDT. They fix problems within 24 hours. I've had them serve my DSL for two years now.