Battery Health Condition from Good to Normal in Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by claudiey, Oct 15, 2009.

1. claudiey

claudiey Member

Hi guys. I just noticed this awhile ago. I was checking my battery health condition from the System Profiler and it says "Normal". This is in Snow Leopard. I remember that in Leopard, my battery condition was "Good". I just read somewhere that SL rates your battery as "Normal" while in Leopard, it rates your battery as "Good". So basically, they're just the same. Or does SL also rate batteries as "Good" and mine just happens to downgrade from Good to Normal. Any thoughts about this? Thanks. :)

2. Kryptonian

Kryptonian Member

Mine also is Normal using Snow Leopard:
    Health Information:
    Cycle count: 17
    Condition: Normal

3. ijingo

ijingo Active Member

Normal simply means that your battery is functioning normally. service battery means:

Its quite odd coz the condition of my battery this morning was:
    [​IMG]

And now.....
    [​IMG]

I assume that Snow Leopard can really detect the condition of your battery wherein unhealthy equates to service battery. As marknt15 mentioned about his normal battery condition, then it should be it. I guess marknt15 just got his MBP a month or 2months ago.

i must admit that the cycle of my battery is I think over 300 cycles already. So I really need a replacement soon. But again it can still hold to more than 3 hours this morning.

Here's more from Apple:

#3 ijingo, Oct 15, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  4. neilc

neilc Well-Known Member

Funny, when I was in Leopard, my battery is holding a good 2 hour charge. When I upgraded to SL, it now has 40 mins battery life.

5. shaven

shaven Active Member

what causes battery condition from normal to service battery?
    really hoping to find some answers. TIA

6. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

Apple has defined that by the remaining battery capacity. Around 80% capacity of a new pack marks your battery as bad or "replace now". For a MacBook thats 3500-4000mah.

7. triballistic

triballistic Member

Normal on mine, too. And I'm using Snow Leopard.

Cycle count: 137
    Condition: Normal

8. jay25

jay25 Member

This is very helpful. My battery says "Service Battery." I called Apple, then they told me they will replace it and gave me a case number. Time to call Digital Hub...