Bali, Indonesia

Discussion in 'Travel' started by bleh888, Aug 13, 2008.

1. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

^12k a night wouldn't be that remarkable. :) so it's 12k for our 5d/4n stay.

check out privateubudvillas.com, after it is revamped; i think they're removing the malware on their site. ;)

or inquire privateubudvillas at gmail dot com

they have 18 villas, i think, so plenty to choose from depending on your budget.

it's 29c now here, 22c at night—and no liquor ban! :p

2. testdummy

testdummy Active Member

Thanks for resurrecting this thread. Will be going to Bali this September so the recommendations here are helpful. 12 thousand for 5D/4N? That's a very good deal!

3. Kiko

Kiko Well-Known Member

Ubud though is a bit far from the beach and the nightlife if memory serves me right. a bit near the monkey temple.

4. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

^I never go to Bali for the beach or the nightlife—there are much better places for that. Vacation *getaways* are called that for a reason.

Kuta feels like a better Ermita; still, someone's always trying to *pimp me a ride*. ;)

I got away from that by staying up in the hills, in the village of Laplapan. :D

5. fr.ankie

fr.ankie Member

Yeah i dont suggest going to bali for the night life. Me and my friends went there expecting bali to be like boracay but when we arrived there by the beach, no clubs, no restos, there were even no lights lol. Or maybe we went to the wrong beach. :) for me ubud is much better.

6. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

As wife & i are traveling with the kids, any recommended tours / guides? We're looking at Voyagin' for our trip in May. Good reviews, anyone here who's tried them? Thanks

7. R-T

R-T Active Member

My stay in Bali was unremarkable. Food was bad, beach and temples were dirty, nightlife was non existent. Not too impressed with their culture as well. I was probably in the wrong side of the island.

8. silie

silie Active Member

reviving this thread, planning a trip soon to Ubud, any suggestions on places or on where to eat? my friend recommended Locavore though :)

9. Cmmig

Cmmig PhilMUG Addict Member

Laka Leke for the best crispy duck (crispy to the bones!) Bebek Bengil resto or Dirty Duck was actually the most recommended by locals but we didn't enjoy it as much as Laka Lekes.

[​IMG]

Make sure to go to Laka Leke when there's a cultural show during dinner, Saturday is your best bet but call first to confirm.

For sate go to Arang Sate Bar.

Fyi for transport, cheapest way to go around is via Grab, but be ready to be asked to walk a bit if your pickup location is near or at areas where there are a lot of taxis (there were instances that local taxi drivers would block grab cars and ask the passengers to alight).

Also for hiring a driver for a day use Klook

#29 Cmmig, Jan 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    hitme64 and silie like this.
  10. macxchange

macxchange Well-Known Member

Hi muggers, reviving this thread. Any tips and guides for Ubod and Seminyak? :) TIA

11. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Bali isn’t quite what it was before, and some tourists have considered it to be overhyped, overpriced and one of the dirtiest places nowadays. Probably it needs some sprucing up ala Boracay.

At least Seminyak is getting cleaned up, though it remains noisy and raucous because of the 20-something crowd so choose a resort hotel farther away from all the nightly action. There used to be a dengue alert in 2017 but constant spraying may have stopped the spread of mosquitoes but still be conscious about it especially in the crop of forest areas and foliages.

Don’t go to Legian. It’s a cash trap. It has questionably limited decent facilities. And it can be really noisy.

Sunil_K and macxchange like this.
  12. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

13. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

Indonesia to reopen Bali to international flights Oct. 14 | Yahoo! News

14. ice

15. Adarna

Adarna PhilMUG Addict Member

I rather go to Bali than Boracay. Cheaper and more to do/see

16. ice

In our case, Phuket than Boracay :LOL:

17. Adarna

Adarna PhilMUG Addict Member

I havent been so I cannot compare.

Lots of people YOLO/FOMO over Boracay when the West are al about Bali and Phuket.

Boracay's not there yet. Wala pang direct flight from Moscow, Auckland, and other rich nation big cities.

18. ice