Bags for Men

Discussion in 'General OT' started by edricdude, Jun 6, 2014.

1. bowser

bowser Member

Where/how to order? Thanks

2. mree

mree Well-Known Member

I found him in Instragram. His name is markedhq. I would just send him a direct message, if you wish to get a bag made. Given that it's literally just himself making the leather goods, it may take some time before you can get yours. The good news is, he doesn't make you pay for anything, until the bag is completely made and ready to be shipped out. Plus, his craftsmanship is really good!

caffelatte and bowser like this.
  3. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

You've got nothing to worry about when it comes to durability as GORUCK bags are covered by SCARS.

@hitme64 ! Amigoe! Fellow kool-aid drinker of the fountain that is GORUCK! You ever considered buying the GR1 Heritage?
    I just got the Echo with it being my first ruck ever just before they got discontinued and I'm at a crossroads whether I should pick up the GR1 Heritage or the GR1 21L in black (made in the USA) while it's on sale (since they hardly are especially in black) before they move manufacturing to Vietnam.

Mykolant and hitme64 like this.
  4. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

I might just get the Heritage as a daily carryon. It’s waxed black canvas and limited edition (I think only 300 pairs were made). Goruck has 1 pair accorded to me as “tribute” for getting the GR3.

Mykolant and pochiman like this.
  5. ramil

ramil Active Member

I can attest to the good customer service and lifetime guarantee of Peak Design. Yesterday, I submitted a warranty claim for one of the many Peak Design bags I own. Today, they have processed a replacement to be shipped soon! (y)

Aargh likes this.
  6. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

Wow! Really @hitme64 ? 1 Heritage accorded to you as "tribute"? You mean you get a free GR1 Heritage for getting the GR3? I didn't know they had that offer! Like whoa!!!

7. porkypork

porkypork Active Member

Better snag up those USA made GoRucks as they're moving most of their productions overseas soon.

hitme64 likes this.
  8. yehey9

yehey9 PhilMUG Addict Member

Did you know that Goruck had a brief stint here in the PH? Cadres from Goruck flew in here and issued physical challenges where you can get patches for your bag, amongst other things. It's official goruck swag. They had to run with 20lbs of weights in their packs, carry logs, do some map reading I think, and other physical challenges at 4am in the morning. Well, that event was a tie up with Niantic's Ingress. Sadly, it hasn’t happened again here. I’m still waiting to get my own patch. Here’s the issued patch here in the PH from a friend. (Ruck PH is a local rucking group unrelated with goruck)

44431ACC-DFB0-4BFE-9CC8-B355ECECE4A9.jpeg

Mykolant and hitme64 like this.
  9. hitme64

No haha. They reserved one Heritage for me since I got a GR3 from them. Have until September 1 to buy that or they will offer it to another “tribute” member I guess.

pochiman likes this.
  10. cHad

cHad Member

What is more common nowadays for men commuting in metro manila; body sling bags or vertical/horizontal messenger bags? are sling bags growing in popularity? those types that you can sling to your front in crowded places to protect from thieves slicing through your valuables?

11. hitme64

^Sling/body/cross bags, or whatever they’re called, aren’t actually new. I remember I had been using one in the 80’s more like a baonan for snacks, cash and my sidearm in Mindanao. I had bought it then at the old Manila COD before my deployment. It lasted about two years because faux leather was so flimsy then and it had no internal pockets so everything was bunched up inside its small body.

I was surprised when it came back in fashion albeit with better materials, more internal pockets, RFID and anti-theft capable. This is what I use now when going out The DISPTCH Sling Medium Pouch.
    BF3D9874-A79B-4863-9AB2-7DC7762909FF.jpeg

macdiver, Sunil_K and ronjet like this.
  12. cHad

cHad Member

well, IMO men are recognizing that they need to bring more items to and from their daily destinations that don't all fit in their pockets; but not enough to warrant a backpack or messenger bag. Everyone nowadays bring a:

- a power bank
    - some earphones
    - a large phone
    - an umbrella
    - wallet
    - glasses/sunscreen/lotion (ok these are not that common)
    - snacks

13. hitme64

^Half of that I don’t bring I don’t need. Cash and cards in an EDC wallet not in the bag. Just the essentials inside.

14. Xcalith

Xcalith Member

Anyone here experienced buying a travel bag online and had it shipped locally? I'm trying to get the AER travel bag but it's not available locally. I'm fearing the tax and import fees because of the potential size of the package.

15. jlconferido

jlconferido Active Member

If you like Filson bags you can wait for a sale on domesticdomestic.com and they slash 30%. Last New Year's Day sale all items are at a 40 % discount. You can also get Levi's Made and Crafted and Red Wings among others.

yuck-o likes this.
  16. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

What are your thoughts about buying The North Face backpacks from sites like https://www.carousell.ph/ ?

While Googline for the Kaban backpack various listings on that buy & sell site showed up.

Average price is P3,700 vs P8,990 from Philippine retail store.

I understand these are export overruns so they have minor mistakes/defects in them