Auto Start Program

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by MacNeil, May 18, 2008.

1. MacNeil

MacNeil Member

Hi Guys,

Do you know any free apps that can start from my macbook from shutdown at any specified time?
    I know iTunesShut can shutdown and restart iTunes provided that your Mac is On.
    My main purpose is i'd like to use my macbook as an alarm clock usng iTunes :rolleyes:

2. jared08evo

jared08evo Member

under energy saver preferences you could set the macbook to start up at a specified time. i just dont know about the itunes thing. maybe you could use automator.

3. alistair

alistair Member

Haven't tried 'em, but check out Awaken, iRooster or Timer. There might be free/open-source programs, too, but none came up on a cursory Google search.

4. enshong

enshong Well-Known Member

Try Aurora too... I've used this when this was still free.. :( It really works.. It wakes me up and I get to enjoy the annoyance I inflict on my neighbors in the dorm when they hear "Cha-la Head Cha-la" every morning.. :p

#4 enshong, May 19, 2008
    Last edited: May 19, 2008
  5. MacNeil

MacNeil Member

After few searches, I finally found the answer to my question.

Like jared said, we can use the energy saver to start the machine at specified time.
    And here's how to start the itunes as soon as the machine booted up:

1. Go to http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/scripts02.php and install Now Where Was I? v1.0

2. Then put the script in the start up items under Accounts.

That's it! The next time the machine starts, iTunes will start playing. In my case, I use it as alarm clock. Isn't it nice to be awaken by your favorite song?

Ooops one more important thing! You must enable user automatic login.