Audio Line Out port issue...

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by tseeno, Aug 3, 2009.

1. tseeno

tseeno New Member

Just the other day I connected a pair of earphones to the audio line out port of my MBP. The levels were not the same...sobrang hina nung left side. At first I thought it was the earphones so I got my studio reference headphones and tried it. Same problem. Tried to move the jack around...and it seems like the contact inside the port for the left side is the problem. Is there a way to clean it or do I need to have this serviced? thanks!

#1 tseeno, Aug 3, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  2. jcdman

jcdman Member

Is your MBP still under warranty? If it is, I suggest you have your audio board replaced if cleaning can't solve it.

3. tseeno

tseeno New Member

unfortunately...it's not under warranty anymore. would you have an idea how much a new audio board costs?

4. John H

John H Member

I do not know if you can separately remove the audio component of the Macbook Pro. I believe that you need to swap the whole logic board to fix it. I could be wrong though. Try having it serviced, at least let the techs diagnose the problem, it should be free of charge.

5. tseeno

tseeno New Member

thanks for the advice. sana hindi kailangan palitan yung logic board. hehe.

6. jcdman

jcdman Member

Nope, it's just the I/O board malamang :) That part will cost around P3,000.

7. suavegabe

suavegabe Member

diagnostic of out of warranty MBs cost P500, in powermac.