Asking for help re: iTunes *i know, i know!*

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by iJamie, Feb 14, 2008.

1. iJamie

iJamie Member

Mga ate at kuya ng PhilMug, I have, but a simple question.

I want to purge the songs in my Music playlist *the general one*, the ones where the files aren't located. My old method was to delete them all then proceed to copy pasting the files. But I found this to tiresome *I am lazy. Tsktsk*. IS there any simpler way?

Heehe. This will be the weirdest question you guys will ever encounter. Much apologies!

2. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 PhilMUG Addict Member

iJamie, I'm not sure if there is a quick fix solution in this forum for this exact problem but I want to share what I did to do what you wanted to do - I had the same issue when I switched last year.

If you are familiar with Automator, you can have a script added to iTunes to search for 'disconnected' files and show them in a search list. From there you can delete them. Here's the link. Look for "Super Remove Dead Tracks v2.0"...you just need to download the automator script and put it in a Scripts folder inside iTunes [or in a Library folder I think...just check the README].

You can't do that in Windows :) Automator rocks!

3. iJamie

iJamie Member

Ohhh. ._. Sadly, I run in Vista *I have insufficient funds, as to date* and thus, it appears that I won't be able to do so. Thanks though, will keep this information handy in the near future.

4. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 PhilMUG Addict Member

oh, I missed to read your signature :) but do check the site...there's a link below the automator script that lists Windows alternatives. You may try your luck with that.