Aquafy: Mac Emulators for Win XP

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by PowerBuknoy, Jul 30, 2005.

1. PowerBuknoy

PowerBuknoy Member

To those mac users who wants to take the feel and look of Mac to their office PC, or to those PC users planning to switch pero gusto munang i-try how does mac feel (minus the speed), here are the emulators/emulation site which you might want to try:

Emulators:
    Stardock/Objectdock/Objectbar
    FlyakiteOSX

Aqua-Soft
    OSX-E

2. jerrytieng

jerrytieng Member

Stick to Konfabulator.

3. vicicasas

vicicasas Active Member

I'm running Flyakite OSX right now and it's surprisingly good. I'm just getting REEEEEEEEEEEALLY confused right now though.

4. activeingredient

Why Vic? Is it really that good? Can't get to load Flyakite's site, want to check it out sana.

5. hannibal

hannibal Guest

now if only these emulators can have an equivalent to the shift-command-4/3 so i can post the effect of flyakite in my friend's toshiba satellite. :)

6. activeingredient

You mean the screenshot, right Hannibal? You can use the PrintScreen button on the PC and paste it on Photoshop or Paint. :) That is if it still works even with the Emulators running.

7. vicicasas

vicicasas Active Member

Here's a screengrab of Flyakite OS X in action on my gaming PC. The absolute freakiest thing about this mod is powering up your PC and then seeing the familiar startup screen with the grey Apple logo. Freaky, freaky, freaky.

This definitely makes using XP a little easier on the eyes. But let's not delude ourselves - it's still no substitute for Tiger :yes:

EDIT: I just realized that for some reason, doing a screencap doesn't show any of my Konfabulator widgets, nor does it show my dock at the bottom of the screen. Weird.

[Edited on 7-30-2005 by vicicasas]

8. hannibal

hannibal Guest

here's how it looks like in my friend's toshiba:

[Edited on 7-30-2005 by hannibal]

9. MaLt-

MaLt- Member

i also use FlyaKite OS for my PC laptop. starting from the time that i was planning to switch hehe

10. activeingredient

Wow cool! Gotta try that on my PC. :) Definitely better on the eyes.
    Thanks for the screenshots, best emulator I've seen so far.

11. vicicasas

vicicasas Active Member

While you're at it, download the brushed metal theme for Firefox (see screencap below). Also notice that the monitor in the Display Properties window is now a Cinema Display. Heheh nice touch.

It's really too bad my screen grab doesn't seem to capture the Dock and my widgets for some reason. That's what truly makes it look like a Tiger clone.

12. activeingredient

Been using that same theme on my PC as well... Does make it feel like youre using Safari on PC.

13. PowerBuknoy

PowerBuknoy Member

It's quite fun doing this in my office PC , everyone's asking --- how did you that? It's really cool!! But it's quite slow, he he he, nothing beats Mac, har har... btw, here's my grab, i mean... print screen :D

[Edited on 7-31-2005 by McWilly]

14. jluc

jluc Member

cool! just tried it out. how do you put the menu bar on top though?:) mine is still located below, on top of the dock.

15. vicicasas

vicicasas Active Member

Hahaha McWilly I think you take the prize for most convincing faux-Mac desktop. I swear, I was looking at your screengrab and going, "Hmmm now why would he post a picture of a real Mac desktop when we're talking about Mac emulation?" :winkgrin:

16. redtamayo

redtamayo Well-Known Member

Right-click anywhere on the taskbar (space without button or icon of another program) and un-check Lock the Taskbar. You can then drag the taskbar to the top of your screen.

Rt

17. jluc

jluc Member

thanks randy.:)

18. PowerBuknoy

PowerBuknoy Member

:D Yeah, it can fool anyone not familiar with Mac. It looks perfect except for the minimize/max/close buttons, which can be found on both the left and on the right corner depending on th application, he he he... but hey, Flyakite OSX is really good... I just hope I could find a way to keep the Spotlight Clone icon from shifting down whenever I switch User :upset:

[Edited on 8-1-2005 by McWilly]

19. the_diva

the_diva Member

check this out...

this is a screenshot of my PC which i maximized the mac emulators to the fullest. as in. it's gotten to a point where i even forget about right-click na dahil sa look niya!

:)

check out http://www.osx-e.com cause they have the best emulator programs.

also search the following:

flyakite v2
    windowsblinds
    objectdock
    objectbar

20. redtamayo

redtamayo Well-Known Member

FlyAKiteOSX v3.5 is available. Tiger theme.

Here: [SIZE=-1]www.flyakiteosx.com[/SIZE]