AppleCare

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by jpt822, Sep 4, 2012.

1. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

Ramil, I don't think AppleCare+ is available in Manila/the Philippines, only the standard AppleCare.

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/06/05/applecare-plus-now-available-for-mac/

"Apple today introduced AppleCare+ for Mac, an extended warranty plan that provides accidental damage coverage for a service fee. AppleCare+ for Mac is available in the United States and Japan only. In other countries, the standard AppleCare Protection Plan for Mac without accidental damage coverage remains available....

AppleCare+ extends a Mac's warranty coverage to three years from its original purchase date, and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a service fee of $99 for screen damage or external enclosure damage, or $299 for other damage. Prices are based in U.S. dollars."

ramil likes this.
  2. ramil

ramil Active Member

Thanks, Arn! In that case, I still have more time (i.e., more than 60 days) to purchase a standard AppleCare Protection Plan. If the AppleCare+ becomes available in the Philippines soon, then I may still be able to get it.

3. cybersniper

cybersniper PhilMUG Addict Member

Try Apple Online store.

4. maym

maym Member

I need this! Huhu sayang it's not available here. :(

5. rozbubbles

rozbubbles New Member

What if you buy it from the States and use the warranty here in the Philippines? Will that work?

6. Qin Zhi

Qin Zhi Well-Known Member

AppleCare coverage is International. However, AppleCare+ (i.e. inclusive of accidental damage) is not.

Thus, if you sign-up for AppleCare+ (such as in the US), you can only have it covered covered for accidental damage in countries where AppleCare+ is available, such as the US. If you need to avail of AppleCare warranty repair/replacement in the Philippines, it's subject to the terms and conditions of standard AppleCare (i.e., accidental damage excluded) for Asia Pacific as stated here.

So if you sign it up for AppleCare+, in case of accidental damage, you have to bring it to a country that offers AppleCare so that you can have it repaired and/or the damaged part replaced at at a fixed reasonable price.

ramil, penmanila and rozbubbles like this.
  7. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

Is it worth it talaga ung applecare? My mbp touchbar is expiring in May, wondering if i should pay extra to extend its warranty, $200+ seems like a huge amount hehe... what typically will it cover since accidehtal coverage is not included? Sorry its my first time to get a apple care for macbook if ever, had no problems with previous units...

8. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

In my experience, it is worth it. Especially with these newer models (touchbar). I learned (but haven’t confirmed it) that you can’t repair it or it is harder for it to be repaired if something went wrong with its internals. Everything is soldered or came with the board.
    I think accidental coverage is not part of the regular Applecare. It will be covered by an Applecare+. I don’t know If you can get an Applecare+ here or you can apply it with your MBP TB and if our local authorised service providers will honor any accidental damages with Applecare+. Better to confirm it with our local service providers if they do accept Applecare+ for repair or replace of the unit.

shootertwist likes this.
  9. ronjet

Oh.. there’s a post before your post by Qin Zhi about Applecare+. :)

10. triggerbokie

triggerbokie Member

anyone from a service center here? i just talked to an Apple Advisor from AUS. he says my ipad can only be covered by an applecare if it's purchased with 60 days of the purchase date of the ipad. unlike the macbook products which can be within a year of purchase. tama po ba ito?

kasi i found in (https://www.apple.com/asia/support/products/ipad.html) in the bottom portion:
    Important notes
    The AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased only while your iPad is still covered under the standard one-year limited warranty. See AppleCare Terms and Conditions for complete product details.​

11. Qin Zhi

Qin Zhi Well-Known Member

Tama--insofar as Apple Australia is concerned. So if you intend to avail of AppleCare extended warranty in Australia, you should have signed-up for AppleCare+ within 60 days from date of purchase. The AppleCare policy that specifically applies to Australia is this one, which states:

triggerbokie likes this.
  12. Paulo del Puerto

Resurrecting this thread.

Anyway, I got a free iPhone 11 from my Smart Infinity plan, while as far as I know AppleCare+ is not available in PH, I was quite surprised to see in the iOS settings that my iPhone is eligible and Incan purchase right there, from the settings page. Prices are in USD, so I’m quite confused. Will it be honored here?

I’ve had a couple of iPad Pros with AppleCare+ bought from outside PH, yet accidental damage were honored here (got a replacement on both). However, as far as I know, for iPhones it’s a different story — AppleCare+ is only honored in the country where you purchased it.

So I’m confused. Is AppleCare+ already available here in PH?

Here are the screenshots from my settings:

Attached Files:

13. caffelatte

caffelatte Active Member

im about to get AppleCare because of horror stories on the keyboard and touchbar... before my 1-yr warranty expires. is there a shop that offers installment or at least cheaper?

thanks.

14. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

Still not available. Tapping on that just leads you to the Philippine Apple Store support page where there is no information about AppleCare+.

15. Paulo del Puerto

Looks like I can proceed to payment na.

Attached Files:

16. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

You can try to know if it works, but if I remember correctly that still leads to nothing when I tried getting AppleCare+ last January 2020 for my iPhone 11.

17. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 PhilMUG Addict Member

I’m tryibg to get AppleCare for my MBP 13” 2019 but only option is to enter the agreement number from the old school AppleCare box. What store still sell those?

18. infiniteloop

infiniteloop Active Member

Is there an open apple authorized repair center kahit ecq?

I need my retina mbp battery replaced which is still under warranty.

19. ronjet

I think PowerMac. Contact them on their Viber group or IG.

infiniteloop likes this.
  20. Ichanmrg

Ichanmrg New Member

I wanna buy AppleCare for my iPad Pro via PMC online kaso wala. Di sila nagrereply.