Apple Watch Series 6

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Aargh, Sep 8, 2020.

1. mllim

mllim New Member

Does anyone know when will the apple watch series 6 become available for online orders?

2. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...Apple Watch Series 5 became available in the PH October 25, 2019. It is usually one month after US launch.

I expect the same for the iPhone 12. A month after US launch (along with select countries).

3. tbangs

tbangs Member

Thanks for this! Gonna be my first Apple Watch. Would you know if the versions (i.e. aluminum cases & Nike) in the PH site are final or may chance pa magbago yun?

P.S. Long time no see PhilMug! It’s good to be back. Time to refresh my devices

ronjet likes this.
  4. raypin

Mm...series 6 now available sa Ghills. Premium over apple ph price php 1,400.00.

5. Dipp

Dipp Active Member

Start your band measurement.

AW6 / SE now available at the apple online store :D

#25 Dipp, Oct 5, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    onefour, ronjet, jcool and 1 other person like this.
  6. macdiver

macdiver PhilMUG Addict Member

I'm thinking of getting my first  Watch to jumpstart my fitness and conditioning workout routine and get me out of this funk caused by the pandemic lockdown.

The  Watch series 6, paired with the Fitness+ app, looks like a good investment. I'm hoping the app is released locally by yearend.

And would anyone know if, and when, the Apple One Premier subscription plan will be offered in the Philippines? It seems like a good time to get the bundled subscription services ( music,  tv+,  arcade,  news+,  ftiness+, and 2TB of iCloud storage).

raypin likes this.
  7. raypin

Mm...Fitness + will be launched late 2020 and will not be launched in PH. Only in 6 countries initially.

Because of that, Premier Plan will be limited to those countries initially.

macdiver likes this.
  8. Shinahashirome

Shinahashirome Active Member

as what @raypin said: premier plan for apple one won’t come locally until they launch news+ and fitness+ here in the Philippines. And that won’t happen anytime soon.

macdiver likes this.
  9. raypin

mm...my guess is licensing issues for magazines under the Apple News + umbrella is the main stumbling block. If Apple solves that, I see no reason not to offer Apple One Premier plan locally. Fitness + has no licensing issue since the content is pure Apple-created.

Shinahashirome and macdiver like this.
  10. macdiver

macdiver PhilMUG Addict Member

I just ordered the  Watch Nike Series 6 from the  online store and I thought the Apple One Premier plan would be cheaper rather than getting the subscription services individually.

But yeah... they won't be offering them locally unless they can provide the news+ and fitness+.

Keeping my fingers crossed that fitness+ and the Apple One Premier will be available for us in 2021. Maybe I'll just settle for a monthly subscription of the Apple One Individual for now since I don't have any of the subscriptions yet.

Thanks for the quick responses.

*Ooops!

I just found out that Apple One isn't locally available yet. ‍♂️

#30 macdiver, Oct 10, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  11. isee12dots

isee12dots Member

for a first time Apple watch buyer, and i dont have iPhone 11, do i need to buy the 20W USB C adapter? cause i see its "not compatible" with apple watch, or do i need to stick with 5/12W and use usb A to C converter?

12. Shinahashirome

The apple watch charges fine with the 5W charging brick or any USB charging device.

13. isee12dots

isee12dots Member

i was asking because all my 5W adapters are usb Type A, so i was curious if buying the 20W type C adapter would work for the apple watch as its "not compatible" according to the "compatibility" list in the 20W type c adapter in apple store;s website

14. Shinahashirome

as far as I know, and what the compatibility of the usb watch chargers. It will work as long as it follows the usb spec and it can supply 5W of power.

15. isee12dots

isee12dots Member

not asking about the 5W, i was asking about the 20W usb C adapter.
    cause the 5W will definitely work (probably the only issue with it is its a USB A adapter not type C - so you need another adapter/converter from USB C into standard usb)

16. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

The Apple Watch will charge with the Apple 20W USB-C adapter just fine. The 20W is the maximum power the adapter can provide. The Apple Watch will control how much power it will take from the charger. It'll just be a hassle to carry an extra a converter to use it. Unless you get the Apple Watch Magnetic Charger to USB-C Cable.

For the same price, I'd rather go with the 18W Anker PowerPort PD 2 which has both USB-C and USB-A.

isee12dots likes this.
  17. Shinahashirome

Yes. My point is that, any charger (apple’s 20W, 61W, 96W) can charge the apple watch because it only needs 5W of power, and the chargers (following the USB spec) can scale down to 5W when you insert the watch magnetic charger.

raypin likes this.
  18. isee12dots

isee12dots Member

thanks, well the Apple Watch 6 already has that magnetic charger to type C right?
    but yeah this was the answer i was looking for, I was just curious if it will work, and if will not have any negative effects like drawing too much power causing the watch to have dead battery faster

19. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

Purchased as a separate accessory. The Apple Watch Series 6 is shipped with a Magnetic Charger to USB-A cable.

20. rzor

rzor New Member

Chose the 44mm Silver Stainless Steel version, ordered it from Amazon US last Sep. 27. For those who want to know, I had it delivered through a shipping forwarder. Only costs P1,700.00.

IMG_52812.jpg

raypin and jayparalejas like this.