Apple Watch Series 5

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Roman, Sep 11, 2019.

1. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...stick with Apple Watch for ECG. Backed up by US FDA approval and numerous studies proving ECG on Apple Watch works as a first line of defense (an early warning system) against possible heart irregularities.....detects and notifies you with high, low heart rates and afib....and it has fall detection and automatic call to emergency services. The LTE Watch now has emergency services call capability anywhere on the globe.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...tanford-apple-heart-study-results-apple-watch

There are lots of really cheap ECG smartwatches from China but would you put your life on the line with those?

#121 raypin, Oct 2, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  2. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Found out no more AW5 Edition stocks in DC. Will have to travel to NYC and hope one of their 7 Apple Stores has one.

3. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

Picked up an Apple Watch S5 from AJT today. Loving the always on display!

1A3A876A-4A60-4F1C-BD3B-EF7E1D3637C9.jpeg

jayparalejas, Dekra, ramil and 7 others like this.
  4. hitme64

Titanium? Or aluminum black?

5. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

Just got the aluminum variant, Rex.

hitme64 likes this.
  6. hitme64

It looks nice, very nice. Is that the Nike Plus AW?

7. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

It’s a Nike strap from my previous AW. The Watch is the regular aluminum space gray.

hitme64 likes this.
  8. nuggets

nuggets Member

Will it still work here even when activated thru a different iphone? planning the same thing sana.

9. raypin

Mm...unknown if it is paired with another iphone with a different apple id. I have no idea.

Best to use your apple id to activate your watch ecg in the US. Meaning you have to entrust it to your relative or trusted friend. Do you have an older iPhone that you can send to your relative or trusted friend?

Or, create a new Apple ID and start from scratch.

#129 raypin, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  10. nuggets

nuggets Member

Good idea on the older iphone. The person who can bring home the AW has an old iphone that doesn't have much content. Maybe I can replace my apple ID on that iphone. Thanks for the tip!

11. raypin

Mm...the scenario:

Scenario 1: send your older, spare iPhone with your apple i.d. on it with your relative or trusted friend. Once in the US, buy your Watch. Pair and activate ecg with the iPhone. She/he returns to Manila. You unpair your Watch with your spare iPhone and you pair it with your current iPhone.

Scenario 2: your relative or trusted friend buys your Watch in the states and it is paired to her/his iPhone and ecg is activated. Once in Manila, it is unpaired from the iPhone and paired with your current iPhone.

Scenario 3: your relative or trusted friend creates a new apple i.d. for you and go through the unpairing and pairing (same as above).

Safest scenario is still 1 (already proven by two philmuggers).......new phone, old watch with previous ecg activation......

12. hitme64

Someone is selling a BNIB Apple Watch Series 5 Edition in brushed titanium for Php70K. The unit comes from HK, so he says. I balked at buying it because he did not guarantee the unit. Later some dude bought the unit from him. This someone is a regular grey market seller of iPhones and AWs as well as Samsungs and Pixels in Virra Mall.

raypin likes this.
  13. joethemobile01

joethemobile01 Active Member

^^ wow that's very expensive. Though I could understand unit came from HK, fare plus service fee pa nya.

Retail price atm dito sa Australia is only at ~49k.

14. hitme64

^How much is the AW Edition ceramic model there?

15. gpo74

gpo74 Well-Known Member

If I buy an AW from AJT will authorize service center here in the Philippines accept my warranty?

16. raypin

Mm...if you review the various Apple Watch thread here, none mention about whether the Watch warranty is international and honored by the authorized repair centers. Most end up in Ghills.

i have a Watch Series 4 GPS model so, on a hunch, I simulated setting up an appointment for local service. The watch was bought last year from a Walmart store in the US and the warranty is still active. After inputting my details (Apple ID, preferred location and Watch Serial no. ), I got an appointment slot and a case no.

7598CB34-304E-482E-B6D9-6AC8DA193E23.jpeg

Of course, that does not mean that the warranty will be accepted if the problem is covered.

#136 raypin, Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    gpo74 likes this.
  17. gpo74

gpo74 Well-Known Member

thanks for this. just wanted to be sure before getting my first AW

18. ccjt

ccjt New Member

Is Scenario 2 and Scenario 3 valid? Planning to buy sa SG but since I can't go there soon, ipapadala na lang dito.

19. raypin

Mm...I ll be conservative and recommend scenario 1. We are sure that ECG can only be done in an ecg country and we are sure that once ecg is activated it can be paired with a new iPhone even if the new pairing is done here but utilizing the same Apple ID. Two Philmuggers have successfully done it.

The unknown variable is whether an ECG activation done abroad in an ECG country with an Apple ID can be transferred to a different Apple ID.

I ve searched various forums. Can't find a definitive answer to that question.

#139 raypin, Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    hitme64 likes this.
  20. hitme64

^I don’t think it can be done. The ECG activates only with a specific Apple ID so transferring it to another ID, unless it is in an ECG activated country, would not work. Of course I haven’t yet tried this but I will when I get the AW5 in the States this year. But if I did try this I wouldn’t want to lose the activation just so by transferring it to another Apple ID especially when I’m already back in country. Sayang naman kung di na magamit.