Apple Watch Series 5

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Roman, Sep 11, 2019.

1. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

[​IMG]

ready for tomorrow.

rdy0329, Theus, hitme64 and 2 others like this.
  2. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

^That is some haul there @jetan (y) Whew, congratulations!

My eye is on that AW5 though. Waiting for someone to bring in the titanium model. Sino kaya iyun? ;)

jetan and raypin like this.
  3. maczilla

maczilla Member

Anyone know why AWs still aren't supported by globe/smart?

4. hitme64

We only have the GPS models. If our region supports GPS + Cellular AW models then that’s the time Globe and Smart comes in.

5. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Two things:
    1. Market - There might not be enough of a market for it to be a viable service.
    2. Apple itself - Apple might be the one holding off the launch of the watch until they deem our telcos fit to provide a consistent experience (the Apple Watch uses less LTE bands that our networks support which might lead to coverage problems).

I have an insider friend from Globe that told me if they wanted to, they can (tech-wise) so it's not an infra thing anymore.

WickedMac and raypin like this.
  6. jetan

you have to ask apple about that. if telcos are not ready for the e-sim feature then it's a no no.

7. pennylane

pennylane Active Member

Is it possible to buy the Apple Watch Hermes 5 but with the series 4 bands? I really like the pink band from series 4 but it is no longer listed in the Apple website. Traveling in October, I hope someone can confirm. Thanks heaps!

8. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...from Apple Watch Studio where you can mix and match cases and bands, Hermes Watch 5 cannot be customized. The Hermes branded band (black, double tour) is the default and only choice for either the stainless steel and stainless steel black case.

pennylane likes this.
  9. jetan

[​IMG]

pickup done watch series 5 along with other stuff.

raypin likes this.
  10. pennylane

pennylane Active Member

Thanks. I have played around the Apple Watch Studio too and you're right.

With the default offering in Apple Watch Hermes 5, I like the Single Tour Black (noir) but it doesn't come with the Orange Sport Loop. Instead, it's another black color sport loop that is included. I cannot get my desired combination.

But my sister is currently in Singapore so I am asking her to check. There's a long queue now in Jewel Changi!

I wonder if anyone can comment on the Aubergine modern buckle band. Is the color not too bright?

Which band is the best when going to business meetings? This is my first Apple Watch purchase and I am definitely buying the Series 5. Right now, my impulsive personality is saying go all the way with the Hermes version (even if the cellular feature is a waste here) But you know, aesthetics... :p

#50 pennylane, Sep 20, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    denzzurcaled, hitme64 and raypin like this.
  11. hitme64

@pennylane FWIW it isn’t the band that’s going to be looked at, but that Apple Watch Hermes Edition. Go and get it! Am told it’s the iPhone that’s being snapped up at Apple Stores and not the AW.

pennylane likes this.
  12. thewittleprince

Just picked up a space black titanium watch.. unfortunately there’s some weird discoloration around the crown so I’m expecting a replacement. :/ I’m only in town for a few days so I’m kinda hoping there’s one available soon. Or crossing fingers I could replace it with a ceramic watch.

Attached Files:

raypin likes this.
  13. thewittleprince

I got a black modern buckle just now. My daily thing is the milanese loop from the now replaced series 0. White sport band for exercise.

pennylane likes this.
  14. jawo

jawo Member

WATCH OS 6.0 is already out.

15. pennylane

pennylane Active Member

Wow people are surprisingly encouraging hahaha (despite the price and despite the cellular feature presently unavailable here)

The way I see it... you get two bands. The orange sport band is already a showstopper in itself. Then you get an Hermes leather band with beautiful stitching. Hermes watch face always on. You wear on your arm two premier brands.

Even if let's say I upgrade to Series 8 one day, I can still use those Hermes accessories. They're classic and durable.

And I'm still on my iPhone X with no plans of upgrading. I love it since Day 1 (and I think I'll have that same love for the Apple Watch Hermes Series 5)

And to cap my "justifications" this is my first watch. Ever!

SE20 and hitme64 like this.
  16. jetan

[​IMG]

comparison vs series 4

denzzurcaled and raypin like this.
  17. hitme64

^I can’t even distinguish the two. The least Apple can do is engrave some large letters for each watch at the back, then we’ll know.

FWIW, the Apple Watch Editions are a class of their own. You’ll know it’s titanium or ceramic by the looks alone. And stainless steel of course is a scratch magnet so it will be easy to distinguish that.

18. scoflip

scoflip Well-Known Member

Any idea when it will hit local shores (PH)?

19. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

Last time it reached ph stores same with the iphone xs max as i remember getting the series 4 at the launch same with the iphone, it was just a month after US release

rdy0329, Roman and raypin like this.
  20. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Supply chain master Tim Cook made it very fast to get one over the years. Wanting one is another thing though.

Two things, either because always-on display controller wasn't ready last year (even with LTPO displays on S4) or a calculated move to have something to offer this upgrade season. I'd rather think it was the former. They're phoning it in this year and I really really hope they have something substantial up their sleeves next year. 3 days battery life perhaps? Bring it back to the Series 3 thickness and battery size coupled with S5 fusion processor and I'm snapping one up in an instant.

Shinahashirome likes this.