Apple Watch Series 5

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Roman, Sep 11, 2019.

1. wattleferdz

wattleferdz Active Member

Guys, question because I’m still confused. My brother-in-law went to France and bought his apple watch series 5 there. He also activated it there. He is now offering to sell to me that same watch once he lands in Manila. Will ECG be useable here in the Philippines once I pair it with my iPhone?

TIA

2. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mm...no because once he unpairs his ecg activated watch and pair it with your iphone here, the pairing process will start from scratch and since apple will be able to detect the actual location of the watch, ecg will not be activated even if you are in an ecg country.

#302 raypin, Mar 15, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  3. wattleferdz

wattleferdz Active Member

Got it! Thanx bro!

raypin likes this.
  4. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...edit:

mm...no because once he unpairs his ecg activated watch and pair it with your iphone here, the pairing process will start from scratch and since apple will be able to detect the actual location of the watch, ecg will not be activated SINCE you are in a non-ecg country.

5. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

There is a perceptible difference in recording between Exercise and Workout app and Apple does not know how to resolve this. Consider doing 50 minutes of outdoor walking but only register 19 minutes on Activity, and will even show that there was a lull in the time graph at the moment of your walk, which is strange. And what a bummer :cool:

6. shaft

shaft Well-Known Member

Also, how does the VO2 max (predictability computation- no need for HIIT) get done? Went for an outdoor (Village) walk for an hour at least 4.5kms. But no VO2 max yet. I also use heart analyzer (app) for more details.

7. denpacs

denpacs PhilMUG Addict Member

watchOS 6.2.5 is now available with the new pride watchfaces. (y)

3095B777-7828-48F2-89A6-5836B6AFC2D5.png

F42033AB-C39C-499F-AE5F-241E17A0FC68.png

hitme64 and Roman like this.
  8. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

vtf and hitme64 like this.
  9. hitme64

10. kristianne

kristianne Member

luckily mine does have the new watchfaces...

11. kristianne

kristianne Member

https://www.imore.com/apples-new-rainbow-faces-are-not-working-new-watchos-update

You won't be able to see them on your iPhone. Instead, you'll find them directly on the Apple Watch. Select the Pride rainbow watch face and press and hold to trigger the customization option. Then, scroll through the different watch faces, including the new 2020 Pride designs. Select the one you want and press the Digital Crown to enable it.

1. Press your Apple Watch screen to trigger the watch face edit mode.
    2. Swipe to your current Pride face or swipe to the end and select the New option.
    3. If you're adding the Pride face, swipe up or rotate the Digital Crown through the watch faces and select the Pride watch face (Analog or Digital).
    4. With the Pride face selected, press the screen to trigger the customization mode.
    5. Tap Customize.
    6. Swipe up or rotate the Digital Crown to switch from the 2019 Pride face to the 2020 Pride face.
    7. Swipe to the left to access complication customizations and select your preferences.
    8. Press the Digital Crown to enable this new watch face.

hitme64, shaft and Roman like this.
  12. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

I got my watch bought in Hawaii and unboxed and activated it here in PH although I have a US iTunes account. ECG works for me

wem272 and hitme64 like this.
  13. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

The new Pride watch faces finally showed up in the Watch app after updating my iPhone to iOS 13.5.

14. vtf

vtf Active Member

does anyone use a third party combination iphone AW charger like baseus without issues? my AW5 turns itself on and off intermittently when i use mine. charging is almost non existent (an hour for 5% increase or less). didn’t have this problem with my AW3.

15. shaft

shaft Well-Known Member

Cant seem to figure out how to use third party watch faces (photos). Most of the pics of the watch faces dont have the hands so i assume that would be from the apple watch since that is moving. But after applying the watch face, i cant find a way to use the apple watch hands. Just the digital clock w date wc is positioned top right or bottom right of the watch face. If i choose the kaleidoscope (wc has the hands) - it distorts the watch face into a kaleidoscope of course. Just want to try some nice looking watch faces not native. Is this something underground? Cant seem to find any help in google. Just the faces to download.

16. denpacs

denpacs PhilMUG Addict Member

Roman likes this.
  17. Iskios

Iskios Member

Anyone knows where to purchase the Apple Watch Editions here in the Philippines?

18. Janzukato

Janzukato Active Member

Anyone here owns the stainless steel in gold? How is it holding up? Are there visible scratches overtime? I have the stainless steel version in silver and the scratches can easily be removed with a metal polisher. I’m upgrading to the gold version and this concerns me a lot. Thanks.

19. hitme64

I believe all stainless steel watches do scratch up over time. Some can disappear by applying a metal polisher. Some don’t. Some are just too deep to clean out. The AW isn’t different. The thing about the all-black SS is that marks and scratches aren’t that visible to the naked eye except on closer inspection. Those in silver and gold are lighter in color and can show scratches and marks even on arm’s length. But that’s what lends it character though. I let the scratches on my AW stay and not confine myself to being OCD about it.

Janzukato likes this.
  20. Ichanmrg

Ichanmrg New Member

Wala pa din ba public beta ng watcOS 7? I want that sleep tracking feature...