Apple Watch Series 5

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Roman, Sep 11, 2019.

1. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

Nice strap!

Theus likes this.
  2. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

^Been looking for a Milanese Mesh band myself and ALL the authorized sellers, i.e. BTB, Powermac, i-Studio, have no stocks, or let me say it, have never had stocks at all. My best bet is online but guess what, apple PH can deliver in May 2020. May 2020?!$&@ Amazing. Almost ate a plateful of puto bumbong.

docjbr likes this.
  3. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

yup, took me a while to choose one :) also got her an anthracite/black Nike sport band just in case :ROFLMAO:

4. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Active Member

I bought a black milanese loop, old stock from powermac sm east ortigas at a discounted price last month. 8,990 to Php 2,790. black milanese 38mm. this is the one that doesn't slide out completely.(new models of the milanese loop slides out completely from the connector.

Talked to the staff, and they said they are liquidating all bands. looks like we might be getting new ones soon?

hitme64 likes this.
  5. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried activating LTE for the series 5? Using globe postpaid?

6. hitme64

^No. Not available for the GPS+LTE Series 5, in the same way ECG is not a available in this region.

7. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

thank you. Since globe has “esim” i wish they can support apple watch :(

tempted to open one of out s5 GPS/LTE coming from S4

hitme64 likes this.
  8. hitme64

My getting the LTE Series 5 wasn’t actually because I thought I could use its eSim capability, but because it offered the AW in stainless steel and titanium, which was what I wanted in the first place. (y) But who knows, maybe someday Globe or Smart or even Dito Comms may provide that capability.

raypin likes this.
  9. oaba09

oaba09 Member

I gave up looking for a 40mm gold aluminum case apple watch so I decided to just buy my wife an iphone 11 as a christmas gift....I told her that I was originally planning on buying her an apple watch and it turns out that she actually preferred it over the iphone 11(she had an XR prior to the 11 so her phone was fairly new). I'm thinking of buying her a watch for february(valentines and anniversary) but before doing so, I want get people's opinion about this.

She's not really a techie and she doesn't do any fitness stuff so I don't know if she'll be able to use the features of an apple watch. I honestly don't know why she wants it but as a husband, I try to buy her the things she want even if it doesn't make sense lol(happy wife, happy life).

Do you guys think than an apple watch is worth it even if she'll won't be using it's full features? I'm thinking of just buying her a new normal("dumb") watch but it looks like she has her mind set on the apple watch.

10. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

^spare yourself the worry and just get her what SHE WANTS! ;) doesn’t matter if she’ll maximize its potential, as the old adage, happy wife... happy new year! (y)

raypin and oaba09 like this.
  11. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

Get her the watch, she will always pine for it if you don't and find reason to complain with any other watch.

Set it up for her, including the features she will use, and remove or disable the features she won't (e.g., if she doesn't want to be surprised by too many notifications, then disable or just set up only the more important ones).

... If she can't tell the difference, you can get her the older Series 3 or Series 4 Watch, unless she specifically asked for Series 5.

oaba09 likes this.
  12. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Active Member

My mom loves conventional watches, but when I gave her the apple watch. Changed her life! She became more active and follows the breathing app religiously. The apple watch is a great investment for her health.

docjbr, oaba09 and raypin like this.
  13. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...make sure fall detection is active.

jayparalejas and oaba09 like this.
  14. mree

mree Well-Known Member

Getting the Series 5 AW was not on my list of purchases this year. But I dropped by Powermac yesterday to use up my points and ended up going home with 3 brand new cases and a new 44mm watch. Haaaay. Pag sinabihan ka na ng sales staff na may buy now pay later, wala ka nang magawa kundi ikaskas card mo eh no? Hahaha.

I just noticed though when I got home, that the pricing of Powermac is Php1k more expensive than that of Apple's website. I guess the 1k difference is worth the 3-months of no bill naman siguro.

Oh well, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to us all.

SE20, gaol, hitme64 and 4 others like this.
  15. hitme64

Just today at the condo, I slipped down three steps off the staircase to the basement garage and Fall Detection activated on the AWS5. Amazing! I actually forgot I had fallen on my ass. So now I may have a very sore bum but knowing the AW does work as it says it will is a very, very enlightening development. If only it can direct me to a good chiropractor or therapist it would’ve been better.

jayparalejas and raypin like this.
  16. denpacs

denpacs PhilMUG Addict Member

hitme64 likes this.
  17. hitme64

^Of course why not Apple? It should’ve been part of your product line since Series 3. I guess fighting AIDS would depend on your priorities per Apple products that you feel need some “push,” right?

18. shaft

shaft Well-Known Member

Any tips on essential apps for the AW?

19. hitme64

^I actually make it a point to use the native apps in the AW5 so as not to clog up the dock, which seems to me covers essentially all that I need so far with the watch.

Nonetheless, I did DL from the Apple Store these 4: Messenger, Viber, Smart Life+ and Sound+ (which is the EQ for my Jabra Elite 65ts)

shaft likes this.
  20. EX3

EX3 Member

Just to share, I was able to activate ECG on my HK purchased AW5 during my stay in HK. I just turned on the roaming service from Globe via CSL. When I a landed in Manila and cellular back to Globe, ECG is still working fine.

hitme64 likes this.