Apple Watch Series 5

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Roman, Sep 11, 2019.

1. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

I’ll just leave this here. Good evening
    74A253AE-B708-403F-A4F9-6959A073B8FB.jpeg

2. marvin_net

marvin_net Active Member

Same sentiment. I though Japan is one of those countries who will have their ECG app activated immediately...and I was wrong... :(

3. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...puwede naman Narita HK Manila route.....activate your ECG in HK. Lol! Para paraan lang.

sibilly likes this.
  4. denpacs

denpacs PhilMUG Addict Member

5. hitme64

I had activated my watch in the US. It worked there. On my layover in Seoul, it was working still. When I arrived here, I actually got a notification to activate ECG with my Apple ID. I used my US AID to do same. It activated and is still working now. Strange why it deactivated on my arrival here.

6. REDcrazy

REDcrazy Active Member

Got a Series 5 watch from Apple in Singapore, activated there, and now back in Manila and ECG is still working.

Attached Files:

hitme64 likes this.
  7. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

8. vincer

vincer Member

9. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...jail breaking not allowed in Philmug. Rules.

10. denpacs

denpacs PhilMUG Addict Member

Thanks for the update. (y)

Quoting from the article: “No jailbreak is required for this to work.”
    But if this is still considered jailbreaking, then I hope the mods will delete my post.
    And Sorry for the inconvenience it may have brought. (y)

11. hitme64

Comparatively, the ECG feature on the Apple Watch is almost identical to regular physical ECG tests conducted but not exact in diagnosis. I had my bi-annual ECG before leaving for the US and had another with the Apple Watch 5 when I had it activated there. Apparently, TL;DR my heart is working great on the regular ECG, though there may be telling signs of arrhythmia in the AW ECG feature but not enough data to detect abnormal heart activity. So my doctor says not to rely on the Apple Watch for detection but use it as a cautious reminder for any abnormality. Always take the second opinion of a regular ECG.

That goes for everyone, apparently.

12. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Okay, so I've backread the last couple of pages, about trying to activate the ECG.

If you bought the watch in an eligible country or brought the watch to an eligible country, activated it there paired with your own phone, you can come home and still have the ECG working, correct?

If you have someone buy the watch in an eligible country, they activated it there, unpair, if they send over the watch, and you pair it with your phone, it's still activated? Or there still has to be some "procedures" to be done like the app above?

13. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

on this thread, I read this works (a couple of muggers I recall). Anyway, that’s what I’m doing when sister visits us from US next month.

14. hitme64

Well, apparently, if you unpair it here and activate it again, it’s still there, as long as it was originally activated in an eligible country. This I surmised from having been deactivated when I arrived here from the States and then activating it again. So far it’s still there and still working. BTW the watch was bought from a US Apple Store, activated there with my iPhone, using a US Apple ID.

15. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Same here! I have a relative that's coming home. I don't mind that they unbox it, and set it up, and bring it home. Thinking of doing this route.

I think that's the other premise, it has to be activated with a US Apple ID?

Theus likes this.
  16. hitme64

Yes I believe so. Nevertheless , my previous AW4 couldn’t activate its ECG function here because 1) I bought it here, 2) I activated it with a US Apple ID, 3) it still didn’t work, giving credence to the notion that geolocation is important for activation. At any rate, if it doesn’t work here then it might work elsewhere.

docjbr likes this.