Apple Watch Series 5

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Roman, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

Finally, an always-on display! And as expected, ceramic and titanium finishes now available.

Salaryman Ryan, raypin and jetan like this.
  2. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

And no notch to think of. And that bump. :LOL:

For $399 starting, I guess the new ceramic and titanium models will be snapped up faster than stainless steel.

Always on display is the bind that ties all AW users. Bring it on!

3. warmgreentea

warmgreentea Well-Known Member

YESS!! So much for those rumors that there's no series 5 this year. So glad that I skipped series 4, as that always-on display feature is a welcome addition for me. Gonna snap this up from the stores asap. :D

raypin and hitme64 like this.
  4. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

Lots of good things in the 5. Still have my OG Series 1, hmmm...
    The always-on feature is nice, looks like they made power saving breakthroughs. It's somewhat of a solution to...

...How to politely check the time - which is a constant challenge for me

For example, the feature that I would like, if they can find a way to do it, is for the watch to project the time on a surface so that you could check the time during a meeting without having to look at it directly. I find myself looking at the watch of the person I'm talking to, in order to politely check the time.

But then, I could always get a minute repeater, and the chiming sounds would be cool, and alert everyone to wrap up quickly.

hitme64 likes this.
  5. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...yup but buy it physically and activate it physically in the ECG countries like SG or HK. The geolock restriction for ECG still applies. No indication yet when PH will have this feature.

warmgreentea likes this.
  6. shaft

shaft Well-Known Member

Sorry for this dumb question but once its activated (ecg), when brought to a restricted country (Phils), will this feature remain active and functioning? Also, is the non LTE version the way to go since its not supported by the local telcos Phils?

7. samcc

samcc New Member

Yesss. I’ve been holding off buying the Series 4. When do you guys think it will be released in the PH? I’m wondering if I should just wait till my honeymoon in Tokyo on Mid October or grab it here if it arrives earlier.

8. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...afaik ECG will remain activated, once it has been activated in an ECG country, even if you use it in a non-ECG country like the PH. I was lucky because when ECG first became available in the US last year, Apple allowed the activation of ECG on Watch Series 4 from here in Pinas for as long as the Watch was bought in the US. Apple closed that loophole shortly thereafter and only allows activation of ECG in an ECG country (closest are HK and SG).

For those contemplating getting Series 5, my advice is to buy it in HK or SG and activate ECG before returning home. Otherwise, you will miss out on one of the Watch's great feature.

ECG activation is a one-time event. Subsequent firmware updates will not deactivate ECG even if you are here in Pinas.

No Watch LTE support here.

#8 raypin, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  9. warmgreentea

warmgreentea Well-Known Member

Tell us how this goes! Will also be getting my unit in Tokyo around late October. :)

On another note, look at this LGBTQ/Rainbow option of the S5. Looks so fun actually. (y)

[​IMG]

10. amieldh

amieldh Active Member

Loving the AW Series 5!

11. samcc

samcc New Member

Sure! Let’s hope I can get my hands on them. The last time we were there around April this year, my fiancé’s sister wants to buy airpods but then all Apple Stores in Tokyo announced all versions of airpods are sold out already. So, she had to wait in the PH.

That is so cute! But I’m on a lookout for holographic bands.❤️

12. hitme64

Once again, dear old PH has struck out from getting the AW Edition Series 5 because, you know, we don't support yet GPS Cellular. When you really, really want to hold out for a Brushed Black Titanium or White Ceramic, Apple PH says your region isn't covered.

So yeah, crap.:mad:

raypin likes this.
  13. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

Ouch not available for pickup

Attached Files:

14. jessejay

jessejay Member

At last more than one hundred watch faces!!!!!

15. hitme64

Agree. And no more Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse or Buzz Lightyear faces, please.

16. jetan

See you on launch date.

Attached Files:

raypin likes this.
  17. Ghibli

Ghibli Well-Known Member

Considering that the ceramic, titanium and stainless steel versions are not available as GPS models only, most probably, these models therefore will not be available for sale by Apple and its authorized Apple resellers locally in the philippines. Correct?

18. hitme64

^Yes, and no. It won’t be available on Apple PH. That is clear. It may miraculously appear from some enterprising Apple resellers here like the previous AW Edition Series 3, as well as the non-resellers in the neighborhood.

Ghibli likes this.
  19. yammie

yammie Member

Series 4 in PH Online Apple store disappeared. Only series 3 available. I hope we get the series 5 soon, with the LTE version too.

20. jetan

expect series 4 in store sale soon.