Apple Watch Series 4

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by denpacs, Sep 13, 2018.

1. potpot2

potpot2 Well-Known Member

How about the Japan version?

2. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm..I agree. I do not get the utility of having a cellular-connected Watch unless you are really active in sports. And if you are really into sports, you are better off with a Fitbit or Garmin.

hitme64 likes this.
  3. neilrg

neilrg Well-Known Member

Apple Watch support will come when Globe's number-sync system is up. As it stands now, even if you manage to activate a Globe eSIM on the Apple Watch, you'll lose access to your number on your phone as they cannot activate one number on two sim cards yet.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

#503 neilrg, Dec 31, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    warped and hitme64 like this.
  4. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

^We look forward to this capability in later years (or months?) but somehow we dread, some of us do, this happening the all-seeing, all-encompassing, all-knowing lifestyle being projected...

Privacy concerns aside, it looks to be that way come future devices anyway...

5. King

King Well-Known Member

Does it have the ECG app enabled?

I believe the only Apple Watch Globe will support will be sourced from them. I do not believe they will allow Apple Watches bought elsewhere to be used with their network unless it is roaming.

Just ordered the $414.99 Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS, 44mm) - Space Gray Aluminium Case with Black Sport Band from Amazon.

Could anyone point to nice metal strap or Hermes-like leather strap?

Mental Note: When buying Apple products with region-locked features buy them immediately upon release. I made 6 attempts to order this and all failed to materialise before Christmas.

6. hitme64

Anyone of you using the Infograph complication find it odd there’s no choice for the message app?

Kinda disappointing that Apple didn’t integrate the message app in its new watch complications despite “upgrading “ it entire AW line...

7. denpacs

denpacs PhilMUG Addict Member

I have the message complication.
    This was added during the watchOS 5.1.2 update.
    Your iphones should also be in iOS 12.1.2. (y)

1C183018-7282-482C-B34D-25542DDD50B5.png

hitme64 likes this.
  8. Sleepdoc

Sleepdoc Well-Known Member

thanks denpacs! I was about to rant about the same thing hitme64 was complaining about... :)

hitme64 likes this.
  9. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

To all Series 4 owners... would you say that the aluminum case and ion-x glass are durable enough to witsstand everyday use unprotected?

I’m coming from a stainless steel series 2... the case and sapphire glass i can truly say are durable that my Watch has not shown its age as i’ve been using it without any protection since day 1

10. raypin

Mm...from my experience with my unprotected Series 0 aluminum, it is durable enough (both glass and body). I am using my Series 4 aluminum nekkid. At home, I wear it with the clock face on the inside part of my wrist as a precaution. Outside, the normal way. Of course, I make it a point to remove the Watch when I need to perform some task like retightening the bolts on my PC chair, clean my car’s engine or any task where my Watch is liable to get snagged or bumped. In other words, common sense precaution. Crowded malls? Undisciplined kids wildly running around like f... chimpanzees? Oh heck no. I raise my wrist up high.

If you are physically active (I lead a sedentary lifestyle), stick with the tougher stainless steel Watch.

I am waiting for some of those liquid protector thingie since I use isoprophyl alcohol a lot for cleaning. Alcohol and rubbing degrades the oleophobic coating.

The best protection practice? Buy those bump case protector and keep it handy. Use on a case by case basis depending on where you are or what activity you are performing.

#510 raypin, Jan 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    potpot2, rvaph, mongkee and 1 other person like this.
  11. hitme64

^Wearing your watch inside your wrist is the best protection against bumps and dings, and brushes with the occasional terrors on the street...it also protects your watch from unwarranted attention...but it has some getting used to...

I do mine this way since, well since, I entered the service because mil operators do this to shield its light or reflection from the enemy...until now I wear mine inside wrist even if its a dress watch or a G-Shock or the Apple Watch

potpot2, onefour, rvaph and 1 other person like this.
  12. raypin

#512 raypin, Jan 19, 2019 at 12:39 AM
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019 at 3:12 AM
    SE20, Sleepdoc and hitme64 like this.
  13. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

I don’t commute, I drive a car so I guess less risk if no case. I had the Series 0 and 3years, zero nicks and super minor scratch sa screen that would need special angle to see, and now I have S4, same setup, no case except for commute/travel

raypin likes this.