Apple Watch Series 4

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by denpacs, Sep 13, 2018.

1. ishg

ishg I'm female!
    Staff Member

Same! I got the 40MM Silver Aluminum Nike+ model. Major upgrade from my 38MM Stainless Steel Series 0.

maddavidbrown and Ghibli like this.
  2. pixel8

pixel8 New Member

Nike+ 44mm available at The Loop in Uptown Mall. I got one with the black sport loop.

#422 pixel8, Nov 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  3. Aargh

Aargh Well-Known Member

Still no news on the cellular version?

4. Ghibli

Ghibli Well-Known Member

Just a point of clarification. The ECG feature of the Apple Watch Series 4 (ASW4) does not detect "Heart Attack" per se, rather it detects heart rate abnormalities or arrhythmias which is different from a Heart Attack or clinically known as Myocardial Infarction (MI). So far, ASW4 can detect tachycardia or heart beats exceeding 100, bradycardia or heart rates falling below 60, normal sinus rhythm - having a heart rate between 60 to 100 and Atrial Fibrillation - an arrhythmia characterized by disorganized electrical activity of the upper chambers (atria) of the heart.

To reiterate, fall detection has already been implemented on all variants of ASW4. The ECG feature of the ASW4 will arrive with the public release of watch OS 5.1.2. However, the ECG feature will be available to the US region only as it has been approved by FDA for release within the country. For countries outside the US, regulatory approval for medical use, wherever applicable, will be required before Apple can release the feature. However, there's a work around for AWS4 users outside the US region as indicated here (You need to set the region of the watch to the US to use the ECG feature).

joethemobile01 and jayparalejas like this.
  5. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

After Series 0, just got my AW 44mm GPS Nike Summit White. I updated it as soon as I unboxed it. Just observed after more or less 3 hours it was down 8% (from 100%). I was expecting a bit less drain because of the more than a day from vloggers.

How did you config your? like sound and brightness? Of course the constant notifications is a factor but it's my first GPS watch and not sure if there are other settings to consider.

I am switching between Infograph and or Modular atm

6. maddavidbrown

maddavidbrown Member

Put mine on at 7am, full charge. It's now 2 p.m. and I only lost 7%.

Made sure I disabled Handoff, Background Refresh, Reduce Motion is set to On, Brightness setting to the least possible, Silent mode On, Haptic Alerts still on Prominent, Crown Haptics still On, Cover to Mute still On, Heart Rate and Fitness Tracking still On, Walkie Talkie set to Available...

And various notifications I set to mirror iPhone.

Hope some of that helps:p I'd also like to know what other configurations will help with battery life:)

rabby likes this.
  7. toonice

toonice New Member

What protector would you recommend for AW4? Wala pang stocks ng tempered glass sa PMC nung bumili ako.

8. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

Wow! Thanks :) I just migrated the backup from my Series 0 to 4. I’ll check those thanks!

maddavidbrown likes this.
  9. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

Anyone using infograph and the weather conditions not updating? It should get the current location

Provboy likes this.
  10. Aargh

Aargh Well-Known Member

11. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Active Member

12. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...:D:D:D:D

87788595-F897-4612-A5AF-6DB399201EB2.jpeg

Finally....been waiting since the 2nd Fall Event........just in time to finish my personal AAPL for the year...that would be my apple acquisition program for life!

Now, where to buy my Watch Series 4.....Apple, take my hard-earned money!

:cool:

Edit:

nothing yet on Twitter if the workaround (changing region setting to USA) will work and enable ECG outside USA. Workaround was:

https://www.howtoisolve.com/how-to-use-ecg-app-on-apple-watch-4-outside-the-usa-international/

Can anyone who has the Watch 4 right now confirm if the workaround is working? TIA.

#432 raypin, Dec 7, 2018 at 2:43 AM
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 4:10 AM
    jayparalejas likes this.
  13. Aargh

Aargh Well-Known Member

Looks like no it’s not. Hahaha Changed the region of my apple watch to US, not showing on the health app. Changed the region of my phone still not showing. Unless someone can guide me on what to do exactly.

raypin likes this.
  14. raypin

mm...idea : are you using VPN on your Wifi? Set it to USA? Like using Getflix to fool Netflix US (and other US only streaming service) that you are in the US?

Still monitoring Twitter and the web. Nothing yet about the workaround....succeeding.

#434 raypin, Dec 7, 2018 at 3:07 AM
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 4:11 AM
  15. Aargh

Aargh Well-Known Member

Tried already still a no.

raypin likes this.
  16. raypin

Mm...just read something.....Apple is verifying if both iPhone and Watch Series 4 were bought in the USA before enabling ECG. If true, this is more stringent than Apple TV. Source 9-5 Mac

Also, raises questions :

1. Does it mean that both iPhone and Watch Series 4 have to be activated in the USA in order to pass the ECG function to be activated?

2. If both iPhone (FU) and Watch Series 4 were bought in the USA and activated in a country outside the USA, will it still pass the ECG verification?

3. Is the verification based on where the Apple ID was created?

Sonnab....story is changing by the minute. Now:

UPDATE 12/6: With the release of watchOS 5.1.2 and iOS 12.1.1, Apple included a new verification that makes this workaround ineffective. ECG will only be available for models of Apple Watch purchased in the US.

Source 9-5 Mac.

If the first story is true, then BOKYA tayo lahat. If the second story is true (from the same source ), then my wait and delayed gratification are rewarded.

:p

#436 raypin, Dec 7, 2018 at 3:28 AM
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 3:50 AM
  17. denpacs

denpacs PhilMUG Addict Member

Just took my 1st ECG. (y)
    FYI. AW bought in the US.

2F75601D-11B6-4860-BE72-1A4EB6BB0BA9.png

B515C925-4D90-440E-9E63-3428F0952607.png

C059A834-5C24-440D-B6DE-083ED4931E49.png

8B30B491-16D2-434C-8AAE-31F1460E4D54.png

raypin, Ghibli, jbfirefly and 2 others like this.
  18. joethemobile01

joethemobile01 Active Member

Wala na ngang esim wa pang ECG hahah

raypin likes this.
  19. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

It helps if your iTunes account is a US account, as well, so says the genius at the Apple Bar...

That remains to be seen, however, when I receive mine from the US Store anytime this week...will it invariably change its region once it arrives? Will i be able to dodge it by entering my US iTunes account?

The tension is meandering here...

raypin likes this.
  20. jbfirefly

jbfirefly Active Member

My apple watch was bought in the US and I just set the region to United States and updated the Watch OS. At first it didnt work but I saw there was also an IOS update. After updating my IOS in my Iphone it worked! My Iphone was bought here at Beyond the Box so no need for a US purchased Iphone

#440 jbfirefly, Dec 7, 2018 at 8:44 AM
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 8:55 AM
    raypin, Ghibli, gaol and 2 others like this.