Apple Watch Series 3

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Roman, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Emon Posadas

Emon Posadas New Member

Question: Do you have a couple of straps laying around that you seldom or do not use?
    How about we maximize them and trade? :) Just thinking aloud :)

potpot2 likes this.
  2. sandybridge_guy

sandybridge_guy PhilMUG Addict Member

Thought I’d go bold and bright.

[​IMG]

Spicy orange nylon band from Amazon ~ $15cad.

3. JoeSam

JoeSam New Member

Hello & greetings can someone help me..My AW 3 charges though it shows 100% but it discharges very fast..tried everything- reset,etc but still it is the same.Should I change my battery,where can I get? Thank you

4. vtf

vtf Active Member

how long does it take to discharge? mine would typically be at 70% if gps and fitness features are engaged after 12 hours.

5. JoeSam

JoeSam New Member

Thank you..I have turned almost all the notifications & yet it would last for around 8-10 hours only though the % of the battery shows 100%

6. raze19

raze19 Active Member

Are you saying the battery stays at 100% but the watch would go off after 8 or 10 hours:? I hope it's still under warranty

7. vtf

vtf Active Member

I hope so too. definitely a concern

8. JoeSam

JoeSam New Member

Thank you guys again..but unfortunately the warranty period is over..I just doubt it’s got to do with the battery,anyone knows of a place to replace the battery.

9. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

This is the greatest advantage of Series 3 over Series 4. With the almost the same usage, I get to 50-55% on my S4 watch. With S3 you're confident that it can skip a day of charging, with S4 you'll think twice.

10. vtf

vtf Active Member

golly, I'll have to hold the upgrade then. that is one huge deal breaker for me.

11. lardcas

lardcas Member

Is there someone tried using Spigen Film Protector? I am planning to buy one but having second thought on installing tempered glass instead?

12. Jim2

Jim2 New Member

I bought a Series 3 Apple Watch in July last year. It has been working fine (updated with the latest watchOS) until last week when the "red snake" screen suddenly appeared and the watch would turn off even if it did not have a low charge. After observing it some more for a couple of days, I noticed that the "red snake" screen would appear every time the battery charge went down to around 75%. When I place the watch on the charger, upon restarting, it would show the same battery charge level of around 75% before the "red snake" screen would appear. I already tried resetting the watch to its factory settings and restored it from a backup, but still no change.

I plan to have it checked soon, but I was just hoping for feedback/tips from fellow Series 3 owners who experienced something similar. TIA.

13. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

Hi!

Had the Spigen Film protector nice fit low profile :) served me well. had 2 tempered glass unfortunately natangal :(

Try HOCO brand sa lazada better quality than film type :)

14. manerdie

manerdie Active Member

Can i use the  watch series 3 GPS+Cellular here in the Philippines? GPS only(8gb) and GPS+CELL(16gb) have the same price in some online store in the us.

15. GelOBrrz

GelOBrrz Member

Buy the cellular if the price is the same.

eSim is now available at Globe, which the watch uses to connect to cellular network. However, there is now word on when they will support cellular-enabled Apple Watch.

Regardless, you’ll get higher storage capacity, ceramic back, and an option to activate cellular once it becomes available.

16. jeffrod

jeffrod Member

If anyone is interested, the Space Grey Series 3 38mm GPS model now retails for $199 on Amazon. The 42mm variant comes in at $229.

17. haxer8

haxer8 Member

Any updates regarding your AW s3? After updating to 5.2.1, my watch dies on me from 100 to 98%. When turning on, red snake (of death) appears on my screen. Did all the re-pair, erase, etc... nothing happens. I'm also out of warranty .