Apple Warranty Expiring??? HELP!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by kathieyakie, Jun 21, 2009.

1. kathieyakie

kathieyakie Member

I recieved an email from apple whereas my warranty is already expiring.. I bought this macbook aluminum last april 27 from an ebayer.. well ok naman cia kasi talagang nagbebenta cia ng macbooks and matagal na ciang seller. We met up and its sealed pa naman.. and Talagang binuksan sa harapan ko. I sent the registration like 2 days after that para maregister macbook ko.. and then I recieved this mail scheduled june 19th

"
    [FONT=Lucida Grande,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Lucida Sans Unicode,Verdana,sans-serif] Your one-year warranty is about to expire. Keep your investment safe with the AppleCare Protection Plan. This is your last chance to extend your service and support coverage to three years from your computer's original purchase date. You'll get expert telephone technical support, anytime access to online resources, and global repair coverage.*[/FONT]
    [FONT=Lucida Grande,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Lucida Sans Unicode,Verdana,sans-serif] The AppleCare Protection Plan covers: • MacBook hardware • Mac OS, iLife, and iWork • Time Capsule, AirPort Express, or AirPort Extreme Base Station when used with MacBook[/FONT]
    [FONT=Lucida Grande,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Lucida Sans Unicode,Verdana,sans-serif] Buy the AppleCare Protection Plan for MacBook online or call 1800-1651-0525 today.**"

I can't believe it.. tapos hndi ba october ang release ng macbook na ito? Why is that about to expire na? Help naman what should I do...
    [/FONT]

2. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Forward that email to apple and/or call their hotline visit www.apple.com/support

I've read many problems like that. System mix up lang, i-clarify mo nalang sa CS...

3. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member

Go this website and input your serial number:
    https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

It will tell you when your Applecare warranty will expire. Take note though that warranty starts as soon as the purchase was made from an Authorized Apple reseller and not form the date you register your Macbook. So for example: even if you just bought your unit brand new from an ebayer last week, if it came out from an Authorized Apple reseller 6 months ago, the count starts 6 months ago.

Anyway, there might have been a mix-up too since you're right that the Aluminum Macbook was released just last October.

4. loko__loko

loko__loko Well-Known Member

just call up 1800-1441-0234 and ask

5. kathieyakie

kathieyakie Member

Pumunta na ako sa self solve apple.. Well it said there na december 11 pa ung expiry ng warranty ko.. sad to say:( well should I call pa ba the CS to confirm?

6. pokerface

pokerface New Member