Apple saved my day

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by banksxs, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. banksxs

banksxs Member

I just want to talk about how Macs clearly just works.

I was tasked to make a Certificate of Appreciation to be given to doctors in a medical mission. So what I did first was to find a MS Word template on certificates to be edited later. Finding no luck on templates created particularly for Office for Mac, I suddenly remembered to open Pages and see if there's a ready made template on certificates. I was right.

Since the file is to be printed outside my home, I had to make sure to export the Pages file into a Word (.doc) file after I'm done. I was hoping for the best, but Pages had this error message after exporting saying that, in my own words, some elements are not compatible. I ignored the message and proceeded to view the .doc file. The certificate was almost similar, although some texts were off their original location. It was such a pain to edit those misplaced text in Word since I have a total of about 5 certificates (5 files). I was panicking inside, yet I was still able to remember how the export feature of Pages gives us the option of exporting it into .pdf, .doc, .rtf, etc. I wanted to try .pdf, but the problem was, I wasn't too certain that the computer shop (where I will have the files printed) has Adobe Reader to be able to open the file. My friend suggested that .pdf files can also be saved as .jpg. So I opened the .pdf file with Preview and saved it as .jpeg.

I don't know if this can be EASILY done on a PC as it was on a Mac, but I am just happy everything is just so coordinated and a breeze to use. Right when I thought I hit a dead end when the Word file presented a messed up version of my certificate, Pages gave me a detour. I am just so happy.

#1 banksxs, May 14, 2009
    Last edited: May 15, 2009
  2. kathieyakie

kathieyakie Member

3. essay

essay Active Member

nice template. yeah, an apple a day, keeps the doctor happy. :)

hope the tuli went well! :)

4. armel

armel Active Member

Wow! Apple does work, doesn't it? ;-) That's exactly why they say that once you've tried Mac, you'll never go back.

5. banksxs

banksxs Member

I actually put the wrong date. Tuli is to be held tomorrow, the 15th. lol

6. love

love Account Suspended
    ERASED FROM EXISTENCE

Operation ......?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.